• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SQUARED AWAY OCS PACKAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

feo

Howdy All,

I have my OCS package ready, but I'm crossing the T's and dotting the I's. Does anyone have any tips. One answer I am really looking for is the exact order to put everything in. I have it in the order that it comes up in the application. However, the checklist is in a completely different order.
banghead_125.gif
Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Feo

P.S. Any chance someone knows how tight the 1520 community is right now?

DairyCreamer

I just turned in my OCS package... but I did it through my recruiter, so, he sent it in for me.

If the 1520 community is pilot, I've posted elsewhere that the latest numbers indicate that FY '04 is overfull for pilots, but FY '05 has only 20 of 186 slots filled as of yet.

Hope this helps!

~Nate

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If the 1520 community is pilot, I've posted elsewhere that the latest numbers indicate that FY '04 is overfull for pilots, but FY '05 has only 20 of 186 slots filled as of yet.

I think I saw somewhere that SNA is 1395. I kinda pulled that out of nowhere so I might be way off. It just sounded familiar.

feo-

If you're going through a recruiter then he/she will know just how to send your package. My recruiter has taken great care of me throughout the whole process... they do get paid to do this stuff. Since you put this topic under enlisted programs maybe you're not using a recruiter, which means this reply is pretty worthless. Oh well. Gook luck and remember that worrying won't make things go any faster.

feo

1520 is AMDO. The officers that make sure the pilots are flying in safe aircraft.

I am enlisted right now so I am not using a recruiter. I'm an E-6. Just got my BSBA in May, Magna Cum Laude. Scored a 48 on the AFQT. 95 on the ASVAB. 1120 SAT. Have very good PRT scores. Good evals. Good endorsments. I just hope this is my time. Thanks for the replys.

Feo

mbeaser

Call the bupers guy, his name is Ed something, but you should be able to look up the officer accession coordinator or some such and call him. Ask him which guideline to follow. Hopefully your CCC is some help but I know not all are. Good luck,
Missy IT1 type

PS You ought to seriously consider retaking the ASTB, those are pretty low scores, I doubt they will see your SAT and your ASVAB score won't carry much weight, but does indicate that you should be able to score higher than a 48 if you study the ARCO guide first. The base library should have it.

SaiyanCivic

Originally posted by feo
1520 is AMDO. The officers that make sure the pilots are flying in safe aircraft.

I am enlisted right now so I am not using a recruiter. I'm an E-6. Just got my BSBA in May, Magna Cum Laude. Scored a 48 on the AFQT. 95 on the ASVAB. 1120 SAT. Have very good PRT scores. Good evals. Good endorsments. I just hope this is my time. Thanks for the replys.

Feo

good luck feo, i do hope this is your time. you sound like great officer material. let us know how everything goes!!!
apple_125.gif

SKSR Lowe
eodmu-7

AldAE

foe, I think 1520 may be a bit tight. I had a good package, talked to the right people and was selected in Feb 2003. I was told my 1 Novemeber 2003 spot was the first available. It may have opened up since then..

bigmikenjax

Feo,
I was selected for AMDO in July I leave for OCS in Feb. This is what I know..... They have 19 billets this year, they usually pick one on one month and then 2 the next month. The Community Mngr has told me if they are very qualified applicants then he will select more than the required amount. Just make sure you send in the best package possible. Proven fleet perfomance is critical. I am also an E-6 on active duty. I have just over 7 yrs in. Let mek now if there is anything I can help you out in. I am not sure of the backing you have , but it will definitly help if your CO calls the Comm Mgr and if you can possibly have an interview with a 1520 CDR or above, they all know one another, plus if you hit it off, then that person can make a phone call on your behalf aw well. Let me know, if I can help,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.