• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Squadron Vehicles

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
I can't find a pic, but HSL-40 used to have the CO's car which was a IROC (I think, some LAMPS-East bubba back me up) painted up in squadron colors, but like a race car.

We never really had any sort of drunk-bus in HSL-42, but being a det squadron kind of cuts down on that sort of stuff.
Actually, the Sherriff's ride was inspired by our Skipper's slammin' Accord that the Goat Locker gave a haze gray paint job with 420 tail number (and I don't want to hear any of you "I might possibly be convinced to consider quitting experimental drug use if the military is going to like, REALLY want me to, like, stop it"-types makin' any jokes about 420.)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Are these Gov vehicles? If they are, how are they able to paint them?

If they aren't, who's springing for the license, insurance, etc?

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Are these Gov vehicles? If they are, how are they able to paint them?

If they aren't, who's springing for the license, insurance, etc?
Jumpin' in to that field-grade with both feet, huh?

MasterBates

My 1st boat had a "Party Van" that was handed down via the JOs.

Basically, when the owner PCS'd it was "sold" to an ENS that recently checked in for $1 and the other JOs chipped in for insurance and registration expenses.

We did similar things with the party van my fraternity had.

hump1909

vmgr-352 has a black car down at the east end of the flight line at Miramar painted up with it's squadron's artwork

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I want one, and just want to know how to do it!

Trick is getting base public works guys to accept it as one of their own which solves a lot of issues, but isn't easy. You can also try DRMO to see what they might have or abscound with your skipper's car....

VF-31_Ride.jpg

VF-31_Pimped_Ride-1.jpg

Photos of VF-31 squadron ride by HJ

Painting it is typically easy...Beer + Motivated Corrosion Shop if you can't get MTV to pimp your ride.

phrogdriver

pilot
Super Moderator
We got a DRMO vehicle, but the base wouldn't give us gov plates, and since it was owned by the government, we couldn't put personal plates on it, either. Something of a catch 22.

phrogpilot73

VMFA(AW)-224, "The Bengals" has a pretty sweet limo down in Beaufort. Gray, with tiger stripes, neon, kicking sound system. On the trunk it says "Don't laugh, your daughter may be in here." I can't find a picture though...

phrogdriver

pilot
Super Moderator
VMFA(AW)-224, "The Bengals" has a pretty sweet limo down in Beaufort. Gray, with tiger stripes, neon, kicking sound system. On the trunk it says "Don't laugh, your daughter may be in here." I can't find a picture though...

I hope they mean "in the vehicle," vice "in the trunk." The second one is kinda creepy.

East

东部
Contributor
Jagdbombergeschwader 34 Volkswagen Converteble :D

Attachments

• LostMyJobToday4.jpg
    LostMyJobToday4.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 264