• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Squadron memorial -- photos needed of Major Samuel Leigh & 1st Lt. Tom Claiborne

SkidWife

To all family and friends of Major Samuel 'Finkle' Leigh & 1st Lt. Tom Claiborne:

Please forgive the hasty posting (and bypassing some forum rules), my heartfelt condolences go out to all who have been touched by the recent tragic loss of two Camp Pendleton pilots. I had the honor and privilege of meeting both men and am truly saddened by this tragedy.

I am the wife of an AH-1W Cobra pilot stationed at Camp Pendleton and am trying to assist the Marines of HMLA-469 in finding photos of both Maj. Samuel Leigh and 1st Lt. Tom Claiborne. I understand this post may be rather unorthodox, but we are merely trying to use all available resources to find photos. The squadron is preparing a memorial for both men at the upcoming Marine Corps Ball are in need of photos to display. If anyone who has known either man can provide photos of them, please do so. Photos of them with the Cobra or in a flight suit would be preferable, but any from TBS, flight school, the TH-57, Winging class, out on the town, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Any digital photos can be send directly to skidwife@gmail.com & will be forwarded to the appropriate personnel at HMLA-469. Thank you in advance for all your efforts & Semper Fi!

God be with Major Samuel Leigh and 1st Lt. Thomas Claiborne.

SkidWife

A special thanks to everyone that has contributed such great photos of both Marines! It's wonderful to see so much support from their family, friends, neighbors, instructors, classmates, and fellow Marines to honor these two aviators!

The photos are going to displayed as a "Fallen Comrade" tribute at the HMLA-469 Marine Corps Ball.

Please continue to contribute any photos you may have of Major Samuel Leigh or 1st Lt. Thomas Claiborne. (I will post when the squadron has a cutoff for accepting photos for the tribute.)

Thank you all so much!

God Bless & Semper Fi!