• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Springfield XD

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
All,

I'm finally taking the plunge and buying my first weapon! I have been really looking into the XD-9, hopefully with a stainless slide and night sights. Anyone have any experience with these??? Please chime in!

-Noze

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Good pistol ... kinda like a Glock dressed up with eyeliner and lipstick. A good entry level semi-automatic pistol. .... You will like it.

My $20 worth .... :icon_rast

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
NozeMan said:
All,

I'm finally taking the plunge and buying my first weapon! I have been really looking into the XD-9, hopefully with a stainless slide and night sights. Anyone have any experience with these??? Please chime in!

-Noze

Don't believe the Marines. It's a pistol, firearm, etc until employed as a weapon. They're brainwashed into calling everything a weapon.

Good deal, very popular pistol. Never shot one, but there are LOTS of lovers of them on this site.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Got an XD-40... if I were you, mind you I'm a bit of a "nut"... I'd go with an XD-40 and then get the 9mm barrel. But then that's just me.... But anyway, great pistol, love it alot. Looking to get the XD-45.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I found some gouge on an XD forum that the finish on the slide can wear off. Is this not a problem on the Stainless slide?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
VetteMuscle427 said:
Got an XD-40... ... I'd go with an XD-40 and then get the 9mm barrel.....
Or get a .357 SIG bbl from BarSto Barrels ... or is that what you meant??? I've got an XD-40 ... both bbl's ... .40 & .357 magazines are muy sympatico, etc., etc. :)

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
They're nice pieces, no doubt about it. The finish on the blued models will wear a bit, but bluing will wear on ANY pistol. Shouldn't wear on the stainless model, though. I'd get the 45, personally, but the 9 is nice, too, maybe better as a first gun...I started out with a 9 myself. When you get comfortable with that, bigger calibers are nice to start getting into.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
A4sForever said:
Or get a .357 SIG bbl from BarSto Barrels ... or is that what you meant??? I've got an XD-40 ... both bbl's ... .40 & .357 magazines are muy sympatico, etc., etc. :)

W/ the XD-40 or XD357 you can put all barrels, save the 45, in... w/ the XD 9, you can't put a 40/357 in.

USFpilot06

pilot
Eh, for my first handgun... Forget the polymers, I'm getting some old ironslides. M1911!!!! However for the price I don't think you can beat what that weapons has to offer. I'm a springfeild kinda guy myself so I would definitely go with one...after I get my springfield 1911 repo!!

Scamahmrd

Boiler Up!
pilot
I have the 9. It was my first handgun also. For me, the 9 is plenty of handgun, and the ammunition is cheaper. It's nice to be able to go out and shoot off a couple of hundred rounds without spending a whole lot.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Echo - The Springfield XD line are fine weapons - regardless of caliber. The features are outstanding, you have a variety of barrel lengths and finishes to choose from, and SA customer service is top notch.

The XD-9 is a fine entry level pistol - spend the $450 and enjoy it!

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Glad to hear so many positive responses. I talked to a cop shop that'll sell to me with a Military ID. I'm going to get the XD-9 with night sights for 500 flat. Thought that was a pretty good deal!

Noze

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
for the 4 inch service model $450-500
For the 5 inch tactical around $530 would be good prices