• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Springfield M1As shipping out

Random Task

pilot
Got a call from the gun shop yesterday. The M1a I had on order is finally in!!! Thought I would share. If anyone was interested in one be on the lookout at the retailers.

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Got a call from the gun shop yesterday. The M1a I had on order is finally in!!! Thought I would share. If anyone was interested in one be on the lookout at the retailers.

I'm jealous. I have amassed every single part to build an M14 out of all USGI parts with the exception, of course, of the receiver. I just need to save up to buy that LRB forged receiver. Post pics when you get it!

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Why are they so hard to get a hold of these days? Was it just a run on the weapon after the election or had Springfield held shipment for some reason?

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I'm jealous. I have amassed every single part to build an M14 out of all USGI parts with the exception, of course, of the receiver. I just need to save up to buy that LRB forged receiver. Post pics when you get it!

Where'd you locate those parts? Gunbroker and the sort? Sounds like a fun project.

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you

I was walking from chow back to work yesterday and I saw a guy who had one of those new gen M-14 slung over his back.

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
I know when I got my M14, I faced the moral dilemma of what I should do with it in terms of modification or accessorizing. The truth is, it's probably best if you leave it alone and only oil or shellac the stock. Mod stocks or McMillan Stocks run from $600-1200. I wanted to either make my M14 into either a DMR or a Mk14 SOPMOD...until I found out it would cost as much as the rifle.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Unless you just enjoy the hunt, another way to do it is to look on line for "pre-ban" M1a's. Many will be listed as having "all USGI" parts. (except receiver) GI parts are getting so hard to find that it saves time and usually money to do it that way.

I have no problems with cast "aftermarket" parts over forged USGI parts but some people do.

sodajones

Combat Engineer
You mean put a scope on it?

I laughed.

The first thing I would recommend doing is ensuring that the bolt and all bolt internals (especially the extractor) are replaced with USGI parts if they are not already.

From there go to m14tfl.com and look up the wealth of knowledge on all the many variations and alterations of the M14 and you'll get an idea of where you want to go with the rifle.