• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Spouses, mods, lend me your ears...AW User seriously injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBates

As a legal point of order, until the day your decree is signed, you are legally responsible for them in the eyes of the Military.

Squid appears to be doing the right thing, which is a heckuva lot more than I would have for my ex. I hope she will be OK and recover fully.

helo_wifey

I know there's not much I can do here, but we're sending our wishes for a speedy recovery. I met her when I was in San Diego earlier this year and she was very sweet, all the best.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
As a legal point of order, until the day your decree is signed, you are legally responsible for them in the eyes of the Military.

Squid appears to be doing the right thing, which is a heckuva lot more than I would have for my ex. I hope she will be OK and recover fully.

To follow that, if you're still married (legally), she's still entitled to whatever health benefits that all other military spouses are entitled to (TRICARE, etc). Is it worth considering slowing down the divorce process in order to let her heal and have the financial benefits of your medical covereage? Is that even possible at this point?

In any case, good luck and my prayers go out to her.

Plus rep for being a stand up guy and taking care of her. Not many would have done the same, I'd bet.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
The latest information is she's still in the hospital scheduled for at least 2 more surgeries. Friday for one arm, Monday for the other. She's started physical therapy to start her walking again. The doc's want to get her to a rehab facility as soon as practical. She's got external metal "hardware" in her wrists now.

She mentioned the need for skin grafts, I don't know exactly why since she was wearing leathers and mentioned she had no abrasions.

The synopsis is she went head in into a truck, supermanned over the truck and landed what she says was all fours, thus damaging her wrists. She flipped over and ended up on her back when the other riders were able to get on scene.

I told her I was up for delaying the divorce but she was unsure if she wanted to do it. I understand I'm "on the hook". To me that means she's got free health care. I don't have anything liquid because of said divorce and alimony if the NMCRS asks otherwise I'd shell out on my own.

My parents are flying into San Diego today to take care of her and the dogs for a couple of weeks or however long they are needed. I'm headed back to SD soon for a sustainex so I'll try to swing by and see how things are going.

so sorry to hear about this

Alex - let me know if there is anything i can do to help. please pass along my well wishes to her for a speedy recovery. Lisa

bigi12

Banned
Oh, Gosh, this sounds terrible, I am so sorry to hear that, I wish you all the luck in the world and I hope everything will turn out fine at the end (I am sure it will)

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
facepalm_implied.jpg

Attachments

• facepalm_implied.jpg
    facepalm_implied.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.