• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Spouses/fiancé's/GF/BF in DC area

jlr5495

Hello everyone!

There hasn't been much activity on here lately but I figured I'd give it a shot.

My name is Jen. I am 22 years old and working as a civil engineer in the DC metro area. My husband and I are brand new to the Navy, and he is leaving for officer school Feb 2. I want to become more involved in our new community but couldn't find an effective way to do so until he is a commissioned officer...so I am taking matters into my own hands!

If there are people in the DC area that would like to get a group together for drinks, please let me know and I will organize something! Feel free to DM me or respond here :)! Hope to meet some of you.

GO NAVY!

Renegade One

None
Hello everyone! ...GO NAVY!
Welcome aboard. I hope you get some replies from some folks in similar circumstances in your area, and I know that your co-workers in the CE gig will be a great source of companionship while your hubby embarks on this new adventure. The OCS time will fly by pretty quickly…then maybe off to broad, sun-lit uplands!
Cheers…to both of you.:)

jlr5495

Thanks for the welcome! We are very excited to get our adventure with the Navy started :) I hope i get some responses too; I have a solid group of friends to help me through OCS but none in the navy community so I wanted to reach out!

Renegade One

None
Thanks for the welcome! We are very excited to get our adventure with the Navy started :) I hope i get some responses too; I have a solid group of friends to help me through OCS but none in the navy community so I wanted to reach out!
Well…heck…you ain't "in the community" until you're "in"…if that makes any sense. I hope you find some "newbies/just starting out" folks in your local area…but you may not. It's a big country and a small pool of those "just starting out"…so pickings may be slim. That said…you have a GREAT community of "We're all in this together" to look forward to! Hang in there ….