• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Spouse Tuition Assistance Halted

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Via Adm. Mullen's Twitter:

From DoD on MyCAA: spouses w/currently approved financial account documents - they will be honored + more info. http://bit.ly/aR8QyK

That's where my wife fell out. She had already enrolled in the new semester and had been approved for funding, however the semester hadn't begun yet so the school hadn't been paid. However, a check with the Education Office on base revealed that she was safe and the money would still be paid.

As far as wives giving up their career: my wife got her accounting degree when I got mine. In 6 years, she was unable to get a job exercising that degree. That knew she was a military spouse and refused to hire her because they knew she wasn't stable and would eventually move. Her degree isn't worth the paper it's printed on because of my career. During my last deployment, she went back to school and eventually got her RN license (nursing). Unfortunately, before she could finish her first year at the hospital, I got orders and we had to move again. Now, she's unemployable at any area hospitals because she doesn't have that year of hospital experience. How do you get the experience if they won't hire you so you can get the experience? Anyway, she's now back in school to get her Bachelors of Nursing with the hope that because she's continuing her education, when I execute my next set of orders in September, that she'll be employable in another state. It's frustrating for me because all my money is going to an education that so far doesn't provide a return. I can't imagine how frustrating it is for her to put so much time into school and be unable to use it.