• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SPOT ON!

• Thread starter Deleted member 24525
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24525

A buddy sent me the original article a few weeks ago, but I can't find it.

D

Deleted member 24525

I was wrong-I was thinking about a different article-point remains the same

azguy

None
Well put. This opinion may be controversial, but the "0-0-1-3" policy has ruined the clubs as we knew them. It's a scientific fact that most of us can drink a beer and metabolize it out of our system completely in an hour. I've done pretty well so far, but hate being viewed as a deadbeat for drinking two beers over dinner and then driving home.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Eh, I tend to disagree that it's the military alcohol regulations alone that do it. Let's say we waive a magic wand and a duty van or three takes everyone from the o-club to their house after a night of drinking.

So now I ask: who is going to go to an on-base bar with a bunch of dudes and women who they will get in trouble for touching to get shit-faced in front of their boss? People with families are going to want to stay home, people who are single want to go where the touchable ladies are...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How is the 'ol I Bar doing at NZY? I would have thought the VS squadrons closing down would have really hurt business. It was so convenient to have it across from the RAG and walking distance to the Q. The O Club was already dying when my reserve squadron went away in '92, but the I Bar always held up well.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So now I ask: who is going to go to an on-base bar with a bunch of dudes and women who they will get in trouble for touching to get shit-faced in front of their boss? People with families are going to want to stay home, people who are single want to go where the touchable ladies are...
Point of order; if you're shitfaced, the touchable ladies aren't going to want you anywhere near them anyway.