• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Sports Prescription Glasses, with Transition lenses.

Hello, I have recently received a ProRec-Y for an early November OCS date. I am extremely humbled and excited to have been accepted to the OCEANO community, however with less than a month to go before ROM, I realize I may not have all my eggs in the basket. I wear prescription glasses, however, for the past several years, I have forgone more traditional designer frames for a quality sports/cycling frame with impact resistant lenses and wider FOV. I recently replaced the frames to a Navy blue in hopes that I would get in, however I do not worry so much about the frames, as I do with the lenses. These lenses can easily be swapped out (although will not fall out by themselves with strenuous physical activity) and so there is no bottom metal/plastic frame to secure it in place. Perhaps the biggest issue with my current, and only pair, is that the lenses I have are Transitional, and will turn Brown in the sun. I will attach a file of what my glasses look like, and I would appreciate a definite yes or no, as to whether I should get another pair for OCS, before they issue the BCG's. I understand I might draw unnecessary attention from drill instructors while at OCS, but so long as it is up to code, I don't mind the backlash.

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 12

Metromedic

Contributor
Hello, I have recently received a ProRec-Y for an early November OCS date. I am extremely humbled and excited to have been accepted to the OCEANO community, however with less than a month to go before ROM, I realize I may not have all my eggs in the basket. I wear prescription glasses, however, for the past several years, I have forgone more traditional designer frames for a quality sports/cycling frame with impact resistant lenses and wider FOV. I recently replaced the frames to a Navy blue in hopes that I would get in, however I do not worry so much about the frames, as I do with the lenses. These lenses can easily be swapped out (although will not fall out by themselves with strenuous physical activity) and so there is no bottom metal/plastic frame to secure it in place. Perhaps the biggest issue with my current, and only pair, is that the lenses I have are Transitional, and will turn Brown in the sun. I will attach a file of what my glasses look like, and I would appreciate a definite yes or no, as to whether I should get another pair for OCS, before they issue the BCG's. I understand I might draw unnecessary attention from drill instructors while at OCS, but so long as it is up to code, I don't mind the backlash.

I dunno if you found your answer or not, but the military will issue you a pair of glasses when you get there. Ugly, boxy and black glasses. Nicknamed the BCGs or birth control goggles.