• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Speed and Angels" on the Military Channel

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Just saw this 2-hr movie about the early careers of 2 young F-14 pilots: Jay, who overcame a face gunshot wound, to get an academy appointment & flight-school orders, and Meagan, who became the 1st sucessful female F-14 pilot in the fleet. Both are/were incredible individuals who overcame great odds to become fighter pilots. The film is probably 3-4 yrs old, as it ended saying they both had retired their Tomcats and were transitioning to the Super Hornet when the film was released. Highly recommended, although many of you have likely already seen it. FWIW.

OscarMyers

None
Some great cinematography. Definitely worth watching on Blue-ray with the surround sound cranked.

Flugelman

Contributor
A LSO question from a WarPig guy... In one scene on the LSO platform there are 3 guys holding the "Pickle" aloft. Do all 3 have waveoff authority? I know the raised arm with pickle signifies the the LSO is aware of a foul deck but why 3?

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
Vargus is probably my favorite drinking buddy! She and I were flag aides together and we may or may not have line danced at In Cahoots 2 weeks ago. Now she's instructing in Super Hornets.

Kycntryboy

pilot
A LSO question from a WarPig guy... In one scene on the LSO platform there are 3 guys holding the "Pickle" aloft. Do all 3 have waveoff authority? I know the raised arm with pickle signifies the the LSO is aware of a foul deck but why 3?

Yes. More layers to prevent a swiss cheese effect from taking place. Three people being aware of a foul deck is safer than one.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Yes. More layers to prevent a swiss cheese effect from taking place. Three people being aware of a foul deck is safer than one.

There are 4 of your Prowler brethren (and an S-3 crew) who certainly would attest to this, if they had survived to tell the story. That story gives me the chills every time I hear it....

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
There are 4 of your Prowler brethren (and an S-3 crew) who certainly would attest to this, if they had survived to tell the story. That story gives me the chills every time I hear it....

And every time I see the video. They must have showed it 20 times in API, and another few times during any CRM training.