• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Specific Q. about PRT

USNMark

For the pushup portion of the PRT, must an individual remain above the deck for the whole 2 minute period or could you, for example, bust out 80 or so pushups and then just crash to the ground with your decent score?? Thanks for your help

-Mark

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Though you should be going for the full 2min, don't stop till they call time, at least that's what my DI said you should do. I usually go till i get my score, then thinking about getting a higher score, but then I realize it only shows up on my FITREP as "passed within standards" and then i get really tired.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
PropStop said:
Though you should be going for the full 2min, don't stop till they call time, at least that's what my DI said you should do. I usually go till i get my score, then thinking about getting a higher score, but then I realize it only shows up on my FITREP as "passed within standards" and then i get really tired.

If you hit the max, what's the point of going further? There is none.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
If you hit the max, what's the point of going further? There is none.
Or you hit the min, and decide there's no point going further :D

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Steve Wilkins said:
Or you hit the min, and decide there's no point going further :D

Beautiful.

As it's been quoted many times around here:

"If the minimum weren't acceptable, they'd call it something else."

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
metro said:
Beautiful.

As it's been quoted many times around here:

"If the minimum weren't acceptable, they'd call it something else."
Yea, I figure thos guys who shoot for the maximum have everything to prove and nothing to gain.

PropStop

pilot
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
if you set your standards high, people will expect more and you will always fail to meet their expectations in turn causing you to be a huge disappointment.

and there in lies the difficult life of the JO. You can't slack off too much, or else you get great orders to a TSC (or you get hit by a "quality spread"). But if you work too hard, you get more work, which in turn generates more work, to get good orders which involve more work. Its a vicious cycle.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
PropStop said:
and there in lies the difficult life of the JO. You can't slack off too much, or else you get great orders to a TSC (or you get hit by a "quality spread"). But if you work too hard, you get more work, which in turn generates more work, to get good orders which involve more work. Its a vicious cycle.

Stay under the radar, right at the edge of detection.

PropStop

pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Stay under the radar, right at the edge of detection.

somehow i managed not to do that very well... P-3ers, like the planes they fly, don't avoid radar well :icon_smil

nugget81

pilot
USNMark said:
For the pushup portion of the PRT, must an individual remain above the deck for the whole 2 minute period or could you, for example, bust out 80 or so pushups and then just crash to the ground with your decent score??

I think it depends on who's running the PRT. For BDCP I've had the recruiter run it twice and we could crash after we were done both times. However, last time we had an Ensign fresh out of OCS who ran it and made us do it "OCS style" -- we held above the ground for the full 2 minutes.