• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Spad For Sale!!!

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
For any of y'all with an extra $600,000 (Looking at you Old Guys) lying around, there's an old AD-4NA Skyraider, 1952 vintage for sale. Serial number: 126959

Maybe some of you guys like Black Pony have some hours in this particular bird?

http://www.trade-a-plane.com/detail/Single+Engine+Piston/1952/Douglas/AD-4NA+Skyraider/1294616.html

There's also an old AT-28 down in Louisiana; complete with tailhook.
http://www.aerotrader.com/find/listing/1956-NORTH-AMERICAN-AT-28--97826786

Anybody want to start an AW group buy? :D

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
$$$...

Anybody want to start an AW group buy? :D

Th prevailing & future price of AVGAS is probably as big a barrier as the 600K pricetag. But as they say, if you have to consider the OP/MAINT costs to operate, you probably can't afford the aircraft. :psst_125:
BzB :sonar_125

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Th prevailing & future price of AVGAS is probably as big a barrier as the 600K pricetag. But as they say, if you have to consider the OP/MAINT costs to operate, you probably can't afford the aircraft. :psst_125:

Hell with that noise. I want one. :)

KBayDog

BZB, the Spad is (sometimes) practically in your back yard @ KSEE.

You know you want it...

brownshoe

Contributor
BZB, the Spad is (sometimes) practically in your back yard @ KSEE.

You know you want it...

Actually, wait ‘till Ron logs in tonight. He’ll be drooling when he sees this post, he flew Spads!:D

BTW… Ask him about his “Algerian adventure”, good stuff! :icon_wink

Steve

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I spied some P-51s for sale as well, but good googly-moogly were they expensive. The median price seemed to be about $2.5 mil. :eek:

I'll be sure to rub this in on my old man......he had the opportunity back in the late 1950's when he was a new ENS to pick up a surplus P-51 (don't know what model) for $500. 500 f-ing dollars.....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
For any of y'all with an extra $600,000 (Looking at you Old Guys) lying around...
The SPAD's too expensive to operate for one guy who's not independently wealthy, plus I'd probably kill myself in it. I'm holding out for a good Stearman, something in Navy colors ...

stearmannavy.jpg

Pugs

Back from the range
None
The SPAD's too expensive to operate for one guy who's not independently wealthy, plus I'd probably kill myself in it. I'm holding out for a good Stearman, something in Navy colors ...

Isn't that some sort of tarted up N3N vice a Stearman?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Isn't that some sort of tarted up N3N vice a Stearman?
N3N ??? I never say never ... but:

It's advertised as a Boeing VN2S-2 Stearman in US Navy colors photographed at the 2008 "Old-Timers" fly-in @ Schaffen, Belgium. Registration # 41-8920 ... at least it says VN2S-2 on the tail surface ... plus the photo looks like steel tube fuselage & wood wing -- again characteristic of a Stearman ... ????

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Actually, wait ‘till Ron logs in tonight. He’ll be drooling when he sees this post, he flew Spads!:D

BTW… Ask him about his “Algerian adventure”, good stuff! :icon_wink

Steve

>1100 hours...but Steve...that was THEN, this is NOW...don't think these tired old legs (esp on the right side) could keep me from "Torque Rollin'" myself to death...LOL!! And most of our spare pennies go into fueling the boat...

Pugs

Back from the range
None
N3N ??? I never say never ... but:

It's advertised as a Boeing VN2S-2 Stearman in US Navy colors photographed at the 2008 "Old-Timers" fly-in @ Schaffen, Belgium. Registration # 41-8920 ... at least it says VN2S-2 on the tail surface ... plus the photo looks like steel tube fuselage & wood wing -- again characteristic of a Stearman ... ????

Ah, Belgium... That explains it :) Does look like it has an odd cowl with rocker bumps and a turtledeck on the bck cockpit for a VN2S-2 but anything that old has to have gone through multiple mods to make it more functional.