• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Spacial Aperception

Status
Not open for further replies.

DairyCreamer

E6286 said:
lol. Is microsoft flight sim. worth it? I have the exam friday so I don't even know if I could figure how to use it by then lol.....

You don't need the latest and greatest version. If you dig through the bargain bin at most stores, you can find FS 2000 or FS 2002 for significantly less than FS9 (A Century of Flight). Definitely dont go spend big bucks just to do this, especially if you have to buy hardware.

Now, I'm a flight sim fanatic and a simulator realist, so, I've been using FS9 and addons for a long time (Flying since 5.1... yes, I'm young, so FS5.1 is very old for me :D ). There's no need for you to end up as a big nerd like me, but, I can teach you the relatively few keystrokes you need to know to do this thing. It will be much easier, however, if you have a joystick with a hat on it.

If you have any interest in flying around with FS and have a good computer, consider buying the full Flight Cimulator: A Century of Flight. The program includes virtual flying lessons on it. This, of course, moves beyond spatial apperception.

~Nate

nugget81

pilot
Seriously, don't stress out so much about the spatial section. It is by far the easiest section once you have a system down. You don't need flight sim; you don't need video games; you don't even need to be a pilot. Use the advice you've gotten above, study and you'll do fine. Just remember - this test is as much pyschological as it is knowledge-based.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Yeah, with only 6 days left to prepare and actually more like monday all day, my nerves are shot. I need to review the mechanical stuff bigtime and go over my math since its been a while. Seems like mostly algebra and triangles etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.