• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Southwest 737-? NH to BWI

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
SW always seems to get people on and off the jet faster than any other airline. And their jets are on time a lot more. At least from what I've seen.

They board so fast becaUSe the people run each other over trying to get a seat they want. Its like a stampede.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I guess I've just had some more "gentlemenly" experiences with SW. It is a fun bit of amateur psychology to cover up your boarding order number and see how it freaks people out.

I only flew on SW once, and the stampede was my experience as far as boarding went. Between that, the flight attendants singing happy birthday to a passenger (on PA), and about 3 lame jokes told over the PA to the passengers, that was my last SW experience.

BTW, thats funny shit about covering up your baording number. :D

Daisy

Thanks folks for the very helpful advice. I will most certainly be checking in 24 hours before my flight.

Mister Bates wasn't too far off as one my small travelers recently developed motion sickness and that's what's causing my concern. So there is a small chance that there could be a vomit moment. Nothing I can't handle but I'd rather not be crouching in the aisle leaning across two unlucky people trying to catch partially digested McNuggets with a gallon size Ziploc.

Neither of them kick seats though.

Does it make a difference that my flight is the last one of the day in terms of how full the plane might be?

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Thanks folks for the very helpful advice. I will most certainly be checking in 24 hours before my flight.

Mister Bates wasn't too far off as one my small travelers recently developed motion sickness and that's what's causing my concern. So there is a small chance that there could be a vomit moment. Nothing I can't handle but I'd rather not be crouching in the aisle leaning across two unlucky people trying to catch partially digested McNuggets with a gallon size Ziploc.

Neither of them kick seats though.

Does it make a difference that my flight is the last one of the day in terms of how full the plane might be?

Don't lean over then. Just give them the gallon sized ziploc and tell them that if he's going to puke use it. I guarantee they'll probably want to switch with you.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot

Depends. If everything goes well in airline land that day, it'll probably be pretty light. But if there are a lot of cancellations earlier in the day, everything tends to get pushed to later flights. In that case you may be screwed.

That's why you always fly early when flying standby or if you absolutely have to be there that day---you have more options.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
First off, the flight will be full. MHT to BWI is full most of the time. Do check in 24 hours prior.....Do Not Wait. Family boarding will be before the B boarding group. There will be plenty of seats mid cabin back because there will be no "Through" passengers on board to BWI. All aircraft seat 6 across with the center aisle dividing the row except for the emergency exit row which will have 5. If the kids are under 15, this is not an issue because it is illegal for them to sit in the exit row. There is no stampede anymore. The Southwest website has a video on how the boarding process works now. It changed 2 years ago. Lastly, ask the pilots if the kids can come up for a picture. We love having kids come talk to us. Have a good trip and Thanks for flying Southwest!