• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Something missing from NAS Kingsville...

stickygdm

pilot
OK who took the A-4? The greatest SNA prank of all time?

...Actually I know the real story but thought the K-ville crowd would have noticed something very different after driving on the base.

stickygdm

pilot
Problem solved! No need to paint it anymore. The next step is the "stick" is going to be removed and a new aircraft will be prominently displayed in the location just in front of the old Skyhawk. I'll leave that to discussion but after the upcoming air show there will be something new greeting the future of naval aviation as they head to the hangar.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
T-2? T-45? (are there any "stick quality" Goshawks that aren't still flying?) An old fleet aircraft? I'm also not ruling out a drive thru liquor store.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Behind where the A-4 was on a stick they have a T-2, a T-45, and a TA-4J. If I had to guess, it will be a fleet aircraft like a hornet

stickygdm

pilot
Is that really a T45? Take a close look next time. Something ain't right with the airplane that's between the two planes I flew my first time in Kingsville.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Well I guess it's a T-45 replica. From a distance it looks good. Are you saying we are gonna have a T-45 on a stick?

MasterBates

I stole it and took it out on the roof of the Puma. Someone with Facebook access (blocked on the boat) can pull up the pics.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
13029-v1.jpg

Callin it.