• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Some Valuable Information......

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDucksGirl

SNA Wife- Advanced Helos
Hello all-

Many times through my short, but ever-changing military career with Greg, I've had many questions, or needed advice as most of you have. Airwarriors has been the best tool in getting answers fast- and been great for information. Well, along with AW, I have found 2 resources that are great for questions I may not always be able to get answered, or more in depth information that I haven't found. I thought I'd post this for anyone that is always full of questions like me, or would like more in depth advice or help! I recommend any of you to purchase these! They have been great for me, and hopefully they are useful for you too!
bouncy_125.gif

First book is: Navy Spouse's Guide by: Laura Hall Stavridis

This book really speaks for itself just with the title! I have definitely found it very useful and sometimes will use it as a daily guide! It also defines some common Naval acronyms, abbreviations, and the like for anyone learning the 'lingo' and it defines all of the Navy pay, types of moves, lists the Naval bases and even tells about some of the different Naval job positions. A really great tool for Navy spouse or alike!

Second book is: Heroes at Home- Help and Hope for America's Military Families by: Ellie Kay

This book isn't directly for the Navy, but it still gives advice and help from moving, to military relationships, to differences in pay, and just everything!

Anyway, I hope you guys find these to be as useful as I have. Some of you may already have heard of them or have them, but I thought I'd post this just in case anyone has not!! Good luck
clover_125.gif
on your learning and let me know if you've read them or liked them!
propeller_125.gif

Heather

Supporting my Ducky in the Navy

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Heather,

I have also found that the Military Almanac is very helpful. Thanks for the post. I will have to check out those books.

Jenmarie

Demons are cute when they sleep!
Contributor
I also found Married to the Military. I got it on accident - looking for the Navy Spouses Guide (I couldn't remember the title!) But for me, someone who's never ever been involved in anything military before it seems like it will be a very helpful tool. It covered some acronyms, and key words we should know, pay scales, items the spouse needs (ID card, passes for cars) as well as tips on how to pack, what to wear to certain things, and a lot of other little hints! AND.... It's pink cammo!

But seriously - I'm looking into anything that may give me an insight into what I've signed up for - through Carlos!

Thanks!!

Jennifer

Jenmarie

Demons are cute when they sleep!
Contributor
Ooh - I forgot - in the book there's a site for the women, "military wives, girlfriends and women in uniform" it's www.cinchouse.com.

I've just gotten to it - so I don't know all the ins and outs yet - but it looks like it may be worth checking into as well.

Jennifer

Status
Not open for further replies.