• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Some General Inquiries regarding BDCP

fusu

hey occams,

yeah its pretty hard to get intel bdcp these days, but I'm no wiz kid and i managed to pull it off. apply, try looking at IW too. you should also really try to get an intel officer to interview with.

OccamsRazor

Final Select BDCP Intel
Thanks fusu - I'm not sure I have the technical knowledge to go for IW, but I'll look into it. Apparently there's an Intel O-5 in NYC - I'll work through my recruiter to see what I can do there.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Thanks fusu - I'm not sure I have the technical knowledge to go for IW, but I'll look into it. Apparently there's an Intel O-5 in NYC - I'll work through my recruiter to see what I can do there.
You don't have the technical knowledge to go for Intel either. Apply for it if it sounds like something you want to do, the Navy will teach you what you need to know.

SWCS242

SWO in-training
Occam, (Im a girl not a guy, no worries as Im sure most are guys in here) anyhow, I didn't mean to sound discouraging, I think you should apply!! I just wanted to let you know that it is really really hard to get into so that you aren't discouraged if you don't make it. Good luck to you though, you will never know if you don't apply!!

OccamsRazor

Final Select BDCP Intel
Apologies SWCS242 - not a good assumption, especially for intel work. I fully intend to apply, and I'm pretty confident about my chances, but getting alternate opinions can't hurt. Good luck to you as well - I hope you're applying again.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
I have a question: You get full pay (base, BAH, BAS) as an E-3 in BDCP right? I was just selected for BDCP but my recruiter keeps rattling off the number "1300" however base pay for an E-3 is about 1500 plus with BAS and BAH for my area it's approx. 2500-2600~ (per month). Are his numbers just out-dated or am I missing something critical?

BackOrdered

Contributor
I have a question: You get full pay (base, BAH, BAS) as an E-3 in BDCP right? I was just selected for BDCP but my recruiter keeps rattling off the number "1300" however base pay for an E-3 is about 1500 plus with BAS and BAH for my area it's approx. 2500-2600~ (per month). Are his numbers just out-dated or am I missing something critical?

Whatever the pay scale says and whatever the BAS and BAH is in your area is what you get. He was probably giving a rough number.

SWCS242

SWO in-training
Wow, Bah as 2400 is a lot, my brother is in Vegas at Nellis AFB and his is only 900 something. My Bah is 881 and I live in the Minneapolis area. You get Bah based on your permanent address. If you don't mind me asking, what area do you live in?
My checks, after taxes come out from the base pay are about $1200 and I get those twice a month so 2400 bucks a month. If your Bah really is $2400 your checks will be double mine. Oh yeah, and you get about 280 bucks a month for Bas. Not a bad deal!

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Wow, Bah as 2400 is a lot, my brother is in Vegas at Nellis AFB and his is only 900 something. My Bah is 881 and I live in the Minneapolis area. You get Bah based on your permanent address. If you don't mind me asking, what area do you live in?<br />
My checks, after taxes come out from the base pay are about $1200 and I get those twice a month so 2400 bucks a month. If your Bah really is $2400 your checks will be double mine. Oh yeah, and you get about 280 bucks a month for Bas. Not a bad deal!
<br />
<br />

No no, sorry for the confusion. My BAH is approx. 700. I'm saying with base pay, BAS, and BAH for my area *total* it's approx. 2500-2600 (per more, not per pay period) before taxes. I was just wondering how much I could expect to be taken out in taxes per month?

SWCS242

SWO in-training
Oh okay, I was gonna say...whoa I wanna move there!! Since your Bah is only about 180 dollars less than mine, I would guess you would make about 2200 a month since I make about 2380.