• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Solo - Cutting Tie/Belt Question

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The length of the tie is the real deal as well. I third the statement of going and asking your onwing what he wants. The guy got you to land a complex airplane by yourself, find out what he wants so it's a good gift.

Lastly, don't use a Chris Farley Show type story. "Remember when we were in Area 1 and then that thing happened and you said something? That was funny." Talk about weak and it's very painful for the rest of us that have to listen to it.

Oh yeah, second what squeeze said. If you wear an uniform tie, you're wrong. Expect a fine.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
My Onwing was a Penn State grad, I went online and ordered a penn state tie to wear. I figured it would hilarious when I put it on, and he had to cut his own team's tie. Then again we never saw eye to eye on football (GO GATORS!)... unfortunately, I procrastinated, and didn't get the damn thing in time. Think I still have it around here somewhere, zab you want it? :)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've never heard that one. Now it makes sense why some of the stud's ties were cut at the knot!!! I'm guessing that the length of the tie is directionally proportional to the excellence of the stud. No length=No excellence

Mine is long...mine is very long...:)

When we did it, the closer to the neck, the more respect.