• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

so what communities are actually open right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
It's barely two months into FY05 and I'm hearing about communities being closed out already...

I realize SNA is closed until at least FY06, but what about SNFO? I also saw in another post that SWO is closed?? I would have thought these slots wouldn't be closed? How about Supply? I realize Intel and Crypto are more or less closed unless you've got something extraordinary to offer, but how do Supply and SWO work? I'm rather concerned about all this because my recruiter made it seem like I had a pretty good chance with SNFO, SWO and Supply, yet I get on here and see all sorts of info floating around stating differently. Are these slots already full for FY05?? I thought with sending my app out the beginning of October I'd have a decent chance... :confused:

Forgive me for asking so many questions, I suppose I'm just nervous/frustrated. My package was sent out six weeks ago and I haven't heard anything yet so I'm getting scared.

Does anyone know when the various boards meet or what kind of numbers we're looking at this year?

Thanks.

helmet91

yeah... it looks like OCS opps with the Army and Marines are great right now.

i guess with the cold war done and over with the USN is on its way out? looks like we're only going to be dealing with littoral combat and other small scale operations that don't even require a third of the current naval forces?

guerilla warfare and occupation aren't for me... looks like i'll keep my fingers crossed for Navy OCS.

sirenia

Sub Nuke's Wife
helmet91--what Patmack18 said is very true. It is fairly impossible to figure out the needs of the Navy at any given moment of time until your application is reviwed and a response given. I know that SWO is closed for sure, but sometimes slots do open up for one reason or another. It all depends on luck and timing of your application. My application went in on November 15 and I've already heard back. Sometimes it just takes a different length of time for different packages. You should be hearing soon enough I would expect.

bigsur009

waiting not so patiently for OCS...
I know that SNFOs are still being accepted (at least they're opening slots every once in a while) b/c I was just final selected for SNFO 2 weeks ago. Went and did the whole swear in process yesterday. I'm official! It took me quite a long time too, so I understand the frustration and nervousness. And trust me, it doesn't stop yet. Now I'm frustrated that I have to wait until next OCTOBER to go to OCS! Guess that means 10 more months of daydreaming at work...

helmet91

Hmmm... SNA and SWO are closed, so that gives me SNFO and Supply to hope for. It's wierd to see people sending in their packages after me and hearing something before me. That kind of worries me. Perhaps the recruiter forgot to call me and let me know I wasn't accepted...

maybe I'll shoot off an email to see if he's heard anything.

thanks.

helmet91

Recruiter wrote me back... he has heard nothing whatsover. let the waiting continue.

bedrock1981

Helmet91,

You can have my SWO spot.

I applied for Sub/Nuke over a year ago and didn't get in because the community was closed. I then applied for SWO and got in. I have another Sub/Nuke package in right now and my recuiter pretty much gaurented me that I will get in because they are hurting for Nukes now. So I will be switching designators before I class up this coming March if the interviews go well.

Stay posative and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.