• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SO LONG AND FAREWELL

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnum

This will be my last post on this site as for tomorrow morning I will be on a plane heading out to start a new career and life.
I would like to humbly take this opportunity and thank everyone for their insight and informative discussions on this forum.
Even though I have never met any of you personally I feel a sense of camraderie and unquestionable support from you all. That is a GOOD feeling. In these times of strife and uncertainty that type of commitment to one another-to help others achieve their goals and dreams is an invaluable commodity that isn't always so readily available.
I thank you all for that and am very proud to serve with those of you who share the same visions and goals, and most importantly to feel that in some small way that we all "make a difference" to ourselves, our families, and loved ones, and to this beautiful country which has nurtured us and provided us so many things that makes life wonderful and fulfilling.
This website has been a remarkable source for information that is not so readily found(or given). I also have appreciated the honesty and realistic facts concerning the aviation program from those of you who have gone before and are currently participating in the training pipeline.
I strongly and respectfully wish everyone "GOOD LUCK" in their endeavors and pursuits-wether it be in the NAVY or elsewhere. And those of you who are not necessarily looking at aviation(SNA/SNFO) but other fascinating communities(SEALS/SPEC OPS/SWO/SUB) the "BEST OF LUCK" to you.
Again thank you all for your kind remarks and often times humerous inserts.
TAKE CARE ONE AND ALL!!

INDOCTRINATION CANDIDATE MAGNUM

SIGNING OFF!!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Magnum,

First off, as I am sure everyone here agrees, "Welcome to the club!!", and I trust that you have as wonderful and exciting an experience going through the pipeline as I and many others have had.

Steve started this website off with the goal that you mentioned, and that I and many others have helped to further along. I know you will find more of this comraderie in the trying days ahead at OCS, and the comfort of good friends and study partners during all the training and the upcoming Fleet life. I am definitely biased here about the Navy, and wouldn't trade my job for anything, even now on deployment away from family and friends, but also where I am putting my skills that I have been learning to use. You won't find this in the civilian world to the best of my knowledge...

Once again, good luck, and hope to hear of your adventures soon!

brian-75

Hey guys,

I also am in total agreement with what John said as well as Magnum. i can not wait to start OCS with magnum as I have been waiting what seems a long time. I have been checking the boards almost everyday since june and I love the input/questions/ and general fun that everyone has and how it is important to them. I think there are many people who wish they knew about the site before they do anything and I hope they find it. I know I will recommend it to everyone that is interested. Spidrwmn, sorry we could not hook up and do some flying but once I get done with OCS sometime in Apr. and depending on API waiting (was 2-3 months in Dec from recruiter)that I am coming back to PHX for OHARP so perhaps we could get together then and tell you about some of the experiences at OCS (not all the secrets anyway... But I will be picking up magnum tomorrow and can't wait to start but a little afraid of the unknown of OCS but I imagine that is what makes it what it is. hehe Anyways good luck with everything and we'll see if we can run into Dave and Tahoe before they graduate.

Brian-75

spidrwmn

Brian,

Sounds cool! Definetly drop me a line when you finish OCS - I want to here EVERYTHING! (Come on, I'm sure I could think of a suitable bribe )

- spider

Edited by - spidrwmn on 01/11/2002 17:32:52

Status
Not open for further replies.