• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

so... how long should it take to find out if i was accepted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
My application package went out the week of October 10, 2004. Do any of you have any idea how long it will take for me to hear anything? I figure that it's been over five weeks and I haven't been denied yet- so I might be okay. What's the average turnaround time? I applied for NFO, Surface, and Supply. I really don't care which one I'd be accepted for. At this point any job in the Navy is better than what I'm doing in the civilain world.

helmet91

yeah... my recruiter told me 3 weeks to 3 months. I guess I should hear by the beginning of the year. /fingers crossed

I think my chances are pretty good- hopefully the board likes the package.

Does anyone know how the selection process works exactly?

BlueTarantula

Thank you!

I was starting to wonder this myself and was getting a bit worried. My OSO said by Thanksgiving, but I have heard others have been selected already. I am glad to know I am not the only one wondering.

helmet91

the way i figure... no news is good news. :icon_tong

i'd rather them take 3 months to say they want me instead of denying me in 3 weeks. :icon_wink

ander37

K-rock
i just put in my package last week, and he said not to expect word till late Jan, early Feb...
but that was for SNA only. so who knows when the other boards meet.

hopefully we get lucky this time 'round.

bennett4362

deployment sucks
my dh put in his package oct 2003, heard he got pro rec in december 2003, then got final selection (intel) february 2004.

good luck to all you!

Platonic

I know

Find out where your m-effin papers are! Most likely they are sitting at a commander's desk and he hasn't had time to look at it because his secretary isn't getting laid. Be persistant! Be patient but not too patient. Luckily my documents left a paper trail and I hunted them down after two months of waiting. I got selected for NFO at first then I miracuously had it changed to pilot thanks to my writing expertise and endless prayers.

helmet91

so... who do i contact? my recruiter told me that once the app is in he can't do anything else. is there someone in millington to contact?

Kycntryboy

pilot
No, I pretty sure there is not or else I would have called them, it definitely the worst period I have ever had to wait... The best thing that I found was not to think about it and that included not comming to this site, because it only added fuel to the fire. Just get used to checking your phone after every class hopefully for a voicemail. (My package took a month and a half to come back, I think I had to return some info because they needed some explanations on things.

helmet91

well... i guess i'll sit tight and wait.

i might contact the recruiter after 8 weeks just to see if he has heard anything. does anyone know the schedules for the various boards's meetings?

ander37

K-rock
I just got a call today from my recruiter.
Got rejected for SNA for the second time.
A quick turn around considering I sent in the package Thursday!

helmet91

so... will i be getting a letter in the mail or will they communicate with me through my recruiter?

all i want for christmas is to accpeted to OCS...

Status
Not open for further replies.