• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNFO to SNA

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Then I heard about sort of a heartbreaker. Going into the last test there was an SNFO(who really busted his ass during API to get to switch) and an SNA pretty much tied for the highest average. Everyone knew the SNA could have just missed a couple extra questions to give the FO a shot. For whatever reason he wouldn't and the SNFO ended up in second place and stuck as an NFO.

That does kind of suck. However, considering the pressure SNAs have been at API academics wise, I don't blame him for not purposely tanking a few questions to hook this dude up. What if he miscalculates and ends up on the outside looking in?

magnetfreezer

That does kind of suck. However, considering the pressure SNAs have been at API academics wise, I don't blame him for not purposely tanking a few questions to hook this dude up. What if he miscalculates and ends up on the outside looking in?

2. Sounds like the bitching about someone who attrites of "you took a slot I wanted more, etc". The only way to get what you want is to ensure you have better scores/grades/FITREPs/etc than the other guy. Doing your all out best is not buddy f##ing.

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot

2. Sounds like the bitching about someone who attrites of "you took a slot I wanted more, etc". The only way to get what you want is to ensure you have better scores/grades/FITREPs/etc than the other guy. Doing your all out best is not buddy f##ing.

I've got mixed emotions on it. On the one hand, I agree with Synix on the pressures of API. However, going into FR&R knowing you're gonna be the high GPA pretty much means you're set as long as you pass the damn thing. FR&R counts the least out of all the tests, so it most likely wouldn't have killed him to botch a few answers. But, like Magnet said, the guy was already designated an SNFO. It's not like he was screwed out of an SNA spot; he could have made better grades if he wanted it that bad.

Does this deal still apply? I haven't heard a damn thing about it. My buddy had the High Score for our API class as an SNFO, but never mentioned being offered the chance to swap (and he's PQ). So, don't get your hopes up on that little deal being around. Good luck, though.