• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNFO to SNA

bmyers91880

ground pending medical sign off for NFO

I was selected for NFO for this class 201 and I am supposed to report to Quan. on Thurs. I am still awaiting a signoff on a medical issue from the board even though the NAMI docs have cleared it. The OSO's want me to sign a ground contract to go to OCS on, hoping the Aviation signoff comes while at OCS. Would this make anyone else nervous? Am I going to end up a ground pounder?

cdrapollo20

So a bit of clarification, while you are at Pcola for SNFO you can get PRK and switch to SNA?

I was under the impression that if they started training you as one they wouldn't be thrilled to switch sides since the training wasn't cheap.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
So a bit of clarification, while you are at Pcola for SNFO you can get PRK and switch to SNA?

I was under the impression that if they started training you as one they wouldn't be thrilled to switch sides since the training wasn't cheap.

The issue (among a few) is that you are mando med-down for a minimum of 3 months following PRK. A-pool/API/NASC will not be too excited about that. If you can get approval and work with that timeline, then I guess anything is possible, but post-commissioning is not the time for PRK if you are headed off to flight school.