• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sna To Snfo

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffQ

Just wondering if there is someone out there who did a SNA to SNFO transfer?
I'm aware that there is is NFO board to go through? Just wondering if someone can gouge me up on this. Thanks

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
I was NPQ'd for SNA in May of '03 and was offered a SNFO position (which I accepted). If the slots are there, I'm sure it can be done. Why do you want to?

Rotorhead

It all depends on why you are applying or why you are washing out of flight school. If your problem is academic or knowledge based chances are they won't take you. But if you just don't have the monkey skills or don't feel like being a pilot, then maybe. I'm speaking from a Marine Corps perspective, and as a past Student Control Officer at MATSG in pcola, I know what I'm talking about.
And Just FYI for all you kids who are thinking you may be able to switch from SNFO to SNA: It will not happen. HQMC has stated that they will not entertain such program changes. There is a board, however, each year that solicits for conversions from NFO to Pilot. But you will have had to make it through flight school, kick ass in the fleet, and have some pretty beefy recommendations behind you, as well as beat out evry other NFO who wants to drive the bus vice ride.

JeffQ

Thanks for the input. I completed the primary phase but had a low NSS which led to my attrition from the pilot program . I received recommendations from my CO, STU-CON OFFICER, and Flight Leader for a lateral transfer to SNFO. I didn't have trouble with the procedures it was just the flying. I would have trouble in the beginning but when it came down to the end I was able to get a grasp.(passed both the Solo and RI check ride on the first shot) In other words I caught the tail end of the steep learning curve. This led to my low NSS.
Is there any gouge on what I can expect from the NFO board? I feel that I can succeed in the SNFO program b/c I will not be focused on flying the aircraft. I understand that the SNFO program is challenging in a different way vs. SNA training.

Status
Not open for further replies.