• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNA slots for Navy for 2016-2017

Mxdamien

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentleman,
Currently I am an officer applicant for the USMC pursuing an air contract. I know for the marines the acceptance rate right now for air contracts into OCS is around 50% and the chances of getting an air spot are pretty high as well after TBS (assuming everything else is in top shape). My parents are pressuring me into getting info about the Navy as well. I talked to someone and they said the Navy right now is not looking for any SNA spots and are trying to push people into Supply and Logistics. Anyone hear the same? My goal is to fly so should I stick with USMC since it seems SNAs are more in need than Navy or are the SNA rates up for Navy?
I am set to take ASTBE in the coming month and have PRK schedule for the end of this month. GPA right now sucks 2.36 but after a major change and a couple years of hardship I got my upper level GPA to a 3.04. My semester GPA for Spring/Summer 2016 was a 3.26.
Any and all information is helpful and appreciated!
Thanks All
Good Afternoon

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Who is the "someone" that said that the Navy is not looking for any SNA spots? Every year the Navy, just like every other service, needs new officers for aviation billets. The flow increases or decreases based upon requirements predictions, but it never shuts off or even slows to a trickle. I know there is significant effort to persuade academy and ROTC folks to join aviation, so I do not see why there wouldn't continue to be a demand for OCS types as well.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentleman,
Currently I am an officer applicant for the USMC pursuing an air contract. I know for the marines the acceptance rate right now for air contracts into OCS is around 50% and the chances of getting an air spot are pretty high as well after TBS (assuming everything else is in top shape). My parents are pressuring me into getting info about the Navy as well. I talked to someone and they said the Navy right now is not looking for any SNA spots and are trying to push people into Supply and Logistics. Anyone hear the same? My goal is to fly so should I stick with USMC since it seems SNAs are more in need than Navy or are the SNA rates up for Navy?
I am set to take ASTBE in the coming month and have PRK schedule for the end of this month. GPA right now sucks 2.36 but after a major change and a couple years of hardship I got my upper level GPA to a 3.04. My semester GPA for Spring/Summer 2016 was a 3.26.
Any and all information is helpful and appreciated!
Thanks All
Good Afternoon

Have you talked to a navy recruiter yet?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
My goal is to fly so should I stick with USMC since it seems SNAs are more in need than Navy or are the SNA rates up for Navy?

If this your goal, have you considered the Air Force? The Army also has lots of flying slots.