• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN SNA Physical Standards

lthc34

Just had a question about this one requirement for SNA physical standards. There's this one requirement which states that you have to pass a "Self Balance Test". Can anyone give me insight on what this is, how to prepare for it, and if anybody has gotten NPQ'd for this? Sorry if I'm making a big deal out of nothing

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Isn't this just the "stand on one foot and close your eyes...don't fall" test? Seems I have to do that every couple of years, randomly.

lthc34

Isn't this just the "stand on one foot and close your eyes...don't fall" test? Seems I have to do that every couple of years, randomly.
I can't even hold doing that for 10 seconds... Can you really get NPQ'd for failing that?

MTLiving

Pretty much..they have you duck walk as well, really complicated stuff. Really don't sweat it, you're with 20 other guys and its pretty much seeing if you have basic movements down.

lthc34

Pretty much..they have you duck walk as well, really complicated stuff. Really don't sweat it, you're with 20 other guys and its pretty much seeing if you have basic movements down.
Really? There isn't a time limit or anything for holding it?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Don't worry, I struggle to maintain balance as well, although it's usually between 1600 and dinner time. There must be something in the local environment.