• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNA physical prep

Hello All!
I searched the forums and didn't find anything at first glance.
I'm prepping my package for STA-21 this FY and the OPNAV instruction highly recommends taking the SNA physical prior to applying to ensure you're qualified. I was just curious if there were any common failures or any ways to prepare my body to pass before calling up my nearby clinic and scheduling mine. I'm not sweating eyesight mine is still solid. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

AFUAW

pilot
Avoid excessively loud noise the day or so prior. Don’t drink 12 cups of coffee (or Monsters, etc.) the day of. Understand how the depth perception “test” works (it’s never one of the end dots. Other than that, there’s not much you can do other than be healthy.

Avoid excessively loud noise the day or so prior. Don’t drink 12 cups of coffee (or Monsters, etc.) the day of. Understand how the depth perception “test” works (it’s never one of the end dots. Other than that, there’s not much you can do other than be healthy.
Thanks for the insight I appreciate that. Follow up question, if I fail it, does that become a black mark on my medial record forever?

exNavyOffRec

How close are you to your degree? I hope you are making progress towards that goal since 79% of STA-21 selections were nuke with only 5% being Pilot.

It is more like a Nuke program than anything else.

I posted in Doc's corner but no response. Can anyone tell me where I can find the blood pressure threshold for Jets/general (if different) before I go in for my vitals?

Meyerkord

pilot
I posted in Doc's corner but no response. Can anyone tell me where I can find the blood pressure threshold for Jets/general (if different) before I go in for my vitals?
Every time I go in, the threshold has been 140. If it’s higher than that, they’ll retake it until it’s lower