• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNA Chances?

L4ke

Hi all,

Just took my ASTB today and didn't do as well as I hoped however not terrible. I scored a 53 6/6/6 however, I know I could've done better on at least the listening portion because I messed up my first ear round as I did not hear the computer tell me I was listening with my right (figured it out on the left ear), I was also decently stressed and probably did 30ish hours of preparation. I'm a rising senior with a 3.4 GPA in B.S. Biochemistry from a top 100 university and a minor in Business Administration. I'm previously ROTC (I was not selected for non-rated EA COVID year however I would've been had a I gone rated at the time), an Eagle Scout, hold a position within my fraternity and have a good amount of work experience as a normal employee/intern/entrepreneur. I also didn't score below a 94 on the physical fitness test within ROTC and am in even better shape now.

My current plan is to retake it again with about 4.5 of preparation before the board this Fall however just want to ask around this thread to see what my current chances were with this. My recruiter's understanding was that this board is going to be extremely competitive and I was just curious where my "whole package" would fall in this current state.

Thanks!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Do yourself a huge favor and search the various aviation board threads on here. Take your stats and compare them with those who either got selected or not.

Use that to make your decision/s and way ahead.

This question gets asked very regularly here and there’s tons of info here for you to search around,

BB Poison

Contributor
Not sure how much you've looked around since joining but threads for recent boards have had spreadsheets with applicant scores, GPA, degree, etc. and who got selected if you want to see how you size up. Here's the most recent one:

space_sailor

Hint:

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Hi all,

Just took my ASTB today and didn't do as well as I hoped however not terrible. I scored a 53 6/6/6 however, I know I could've done better on at least the listening portion because I messed up my first ear round as I did not hear the computer tell me I was listening with my right (figured it out on the left ear), I was also decently stressed and probably did 30ish hours of preparation. I'm a rising senior with a 3.4 GPA in B.S. Biochemistry from a top 100 university and a minor in Business Administration. I'm previously ROTC (I was not selected for non-rated EA COVID year however I would've been had a I gone rated at the time), an Eagle Scout, hold a position within my fraternity and have a good amount of work experience as a normal employee/intern/entrepreneur. I also didn't score below a 94 on the physical fitness test within ROTC and am in even better shape now.

My current plan is to retake it again with about 4.5 of preparation before the board this Fall however just want to ask around this thread to see what my current chances were with this. My recruiter's understanding was that this board is going to be extremely competitive and I was just curious where my "whole package" would fall in this current state.

Thanks!
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Hi all,

Thanks!
It all depends on timing. I got accepted with a 5/7/6 52 in 2007.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
In 2022, I would argue your most straightforward, least complex, most assured path to a military aircraft cockpit is to:

1. Complete a 4 year degree from an accredited institution - with a GPA that doesn't suck.

2. Obtained your Private Pilot certificate

3. Apply at a Air National Guard unit of your choice (or Air Force Reserve). If you can pass yourself off as even remotely non Caucasian even better.

The odds are in your favor, proportional to your motivation to obtain an assignment to OTS and AF UPT.

OCS vs ROTC? When it comes to getting a navy pilot slot, which route is better? If I concentrate on grades in college and go OCS, is that better than ROTC and risking less than stellar grades?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
OCS vs ROTC? When it comes to getting a navy pilot slot, which route is better? If I concentrate on grades in college and go OCS, is that better than ROTC and risking less than stellar grades?

Do you remember that comment @ea6bflyr and myself had for you about this website called… “google”, to find answers to these sort of questions?