• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Small Arms Training

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Wait, you mean someone has had a similar idea before and then posted their experiences here on the website? If only there was some way to catalog such an event so someone could easily search for it....

the guy must be new and didnt use the ever-so-wonderful "Search" function.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, because we are the ones who start insulting ROTC and OCS guys out of the blue. In fact, without fail here on AW, whenever the insults start flying they always come from ROTC or OCS guys.

Sorry, I meant to add :D:D:D:D to that post. All in good fun man!

If we're not going to poke fun at boat schoolers, then who are we going to poke fun at? Well, other than the AF...

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Sorry, I meant to add :D:D:D:D to that post. All in good fun man!

If we're not going to poke fun at boat schoolers, then who are we going to poke fun at? Well, other than the AF...

Hey, no problem. Some people are serious when they start that crap.

flyingwahoo

There is a guy called Captain Ron near pensacola who will do your quals for you. His website is iwillnotbeavictim.com. Yeah...he is an interesting dude and very intense. You have to pay like $170 bucks for the half day lesson. It is kindof a lot of money to get quals that you might get out in the fleet anyway. He is a decent coach, though. You can look at it as an intensive day of training and the qual is bonus. If you are already into shooting and want to go out for a half day of range time and professional coaching, it's not the worst idea in the world. He will almost definitely coach you up to scoring double E's, and if you don't it's free to go back and re-qual.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There is a guy called Captain Ron near pensacola who will do your quals for you. His website is iwillnotbeavictim.com. Yeah...he is an interesting dude and very intense. You have to pay like $170 bucks for the half day lesson. It is kindof a lot of money to get quals that you might get out in the fleet anyway. He is a decent coach, though. You can look at it as an intensive day of training and the qual is bonus. If you are already into shooting and want to go out for a half day of range time and professional coaching, it's not the worst idea in the world. He will almost definitely coach you up to scoring double E's, and if you don't it's free to go back and re-qual.

So about $85 dollars per E, I guess it is true about the price of medals going up........

Nice thread resurrection by the way, I guess it is good you actually used the search function. ;)

Flugelman

Contributor
There is a guy called Captain Ron near pensacola....

captainron.jpg

Sorry for the threadjack, couldn't resist... :rolleyes:

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

So how does a guy out in town "get you the qual?"

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
He's certified to give the qual shoot and then fill the paperwork our and send to BUPERS. Don't know exactly how it works, but it does. Know a few folks that did it.

yakboyslim

None
I did it through Captain Ron. Got both E's and a good day of shooting. There were several of us that day and we all got our E's so we used the rest of our ammo setting up targets for different zombie scenarios. A little overpriced but money well spent when the zombie apocalypse comes, plus 2 medals is awesome when you only have one.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
All this smacks of an ensign inferiority complex. If the Navy ever needs you to carry a rifle, they'll get you the range time. If you make it through flight school you'll get to go qualify with one of the awful M9's. There's no sense in chasing medals. You'll come out of your first sea tour with a handful of them to feel good about yourself. At which point you're going to feel a little dumb for having paid for a pair of them.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
All this smacks of an ensign inferiority complex. If the Navy ever needs you to carry a rifle, they'll get you the range time. If you make it through flight school you'll get to go qualify with one of the awful M9's. There's no sense in chasing medals. You'll come out of your first sea tour with a handful of them to feel good about yourself. At which point you're going to feel a little dumb for having paid for a pair of them.

If you're only doing it for the medals, then I would have to agree. However, for people who have never had any formal firearms education, it's not a terrible deal. You also get a few medals out of the deal.

If you really want to talk about feeling dumb. . .what about those guys who paid $50,000+ to get their certificate BEFORE they joined the Navy. Now that's a lot of money to have spent for something the Navy can get you. That being said. . .I am one of those schmucks. :)

jtmedli

pilot
If you're only doing it for the medals, then I would have to agree. However, for people who have never had any formal firearms education, it's not a terrible deal. You also get a few medals out of the deal.

If you really want to talk about feeling dumb. . .what about those guys who paid $50,000+ to get their certificate BEFORE they joined the Navy. Now that's a lot of money to have spent for something the Navy can get you. That being said. . .I am one of those schmucks. :)

Pretty much how I feel about it. I've never had any 'formal' firearms training but have shot guns my whole life. I think it'd probably be beneficial for me to do the course. Medals or no medals.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Pretty much how I feel about it. I've never had any 'formal' firearms training but have shot guns my whole life. I think it'd probably be beneficial for me to do the course. Medals or no medals.

You can take a much better course for $170.