• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SKS Sights

Redux

OK, I hate the factory sights on my CHICOM, looking to change the rear to a full adjustable peep. Has anybody ever tried or seen one of these jobbers? http://www.mojosights.com/ak47_sks.html They "look" much better built then the cheaper versions than in Cheaper Than Dirt or Ebay. Few bucks more but not very much.

Redux

I like the SKS "Tech Sight" better.

I've looked at that too, how does it mount? The only "hole" to mount would be where the "lever" is mounted otherwise it's all solid on the slide cover. :confused: Fairly easy install or pain in the ass thing? Thanks for the help.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
I've looked at that too, how does it mount? The only "hole" to mount would be where the "lever" is mounted otherwise it's all solid on the slide cover. :confused: Fairly easy install or pain in the ass thing? Thanks for the help.

Yes, it mounts using the hole for the takedown pin in the back.

Makes it a little more of a pain to open up to clean.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
CHICOM guns ... especially AK's and SKS's ... don't shoot accurately. The ammo's cheap. So who cares about "real" sights ... ???

Regularly, to be sure ... just not accurately. But I know you guys know that .... :)

I love AK's, for the record.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
"CHICOM". Interesting.

I didn't know Simonov and Kalashnikov were Chinese.

Would that be like saying "I didn't know Toyota and Nissan were U.S.?" if it's not made in Japan ... ???

China North Industries Corporation (NORINCO)

350px-Norinco_SKS.jpg
500px-Ak_54.jpg

aksnorincoriflemanualfd2.jpg