• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Size does matter...Are you too big for the cockpit?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I'm a shade over 6'1" and at first I was anthro'd out of EA-6B's (as an ECMO). And the T-45 for that matter. Next time things worked out. I just finished in the T-45 and it was pretty small but there are guys way bigger than me who make it work.

(Thats what she said protected)

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Bet that was a joy in the Goshawk :)

Every one of those ten traps slammed my knees into the panel, each time I got out of the jet I was bleeding badly. The boss actually saw me rubbing my knees as I was getting gas on deck and asked me if everything was OK in there, rogered up with a hearty yes sir.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
What a compelling thread. I can only hope it gets thread-jacked soon.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
6'2" and the Orion cockpit is downright spacious.

The rack in the back, however, could use an inch or two more in length.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm 6' and 220lbs so not tall but have big ole shoulders....I'm going to TW-2 to fly the 45 in a few months and it has been my worry. But if Masterbates can fit, can't anyone??

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
6'2" and the Orion cockpit is downright spacious.

The rack in the back, however, could use an inch or two more in length.

I always feel like the FE's are the one's who decided who would get which racks. I feel cramped side to side in that damn thing, and then I jealously look down at the FE sprawled out on his rack without the curvature of the tube smacking him every time he moves. I do have a convenient panel to pull down though, so I can wake up in my little 3P cocoon extra sweaty and disoriented.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I do have a convenient panel to pull down though, so I can wake up in my little 3P cocoon extra sweaty and disoriented.

Ah, the curtain!We had one plane a while ago that when pulled down, the flap said,"The pilot rack is now a whack shack." Which always got some chuckles from the folks in the galley.