• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Situps

Lonestar155

is good to go
How are many of you performing your situps? I do 150 crunches every other day, but it feels like a waste of time becuase it doesnt burn like it use to. I only do crunches becuase I dont have anyone to hold my feet down. Am I wasting my time with crunches?

Wankertank

Free Hat!
I hook my feet underneath a dresser or my door when I don't have anyone to hold me down. It works as a fairly decent substitute, but it isnt quite the same. Also, I rarely do crunches because whats the point of wasting your time on those when you could be doing situps?

badger16

None
of if you have any weights around the house throw those on your feet...or anything heavy will work...if you want to spend some money they make sit up and pull up bars for like 20 bucks...its a pole that you wedge between a door frame and on mounts at the top or bottom depending if your are doing sit ups or pull ups.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
If you're already maxed out on situps for the PRT, knee raises might present an extra challenge for your abs. The "proper" way to do them from a pullup bar is lifting your knees to chest level, which involves lifting your hips. Do them slowly so you don't swing.

nugget81

pilot
It's important to change up your routine periodically, especially if you feel that you've hit a plateau. You don't necessarily need to "feel the burn" after every workout, particularly with abs. However, I would recommend practicing for the conditions of the test. Once every few weeks I do a practice timed PRT (SU's & PU's only). It helps to set a baseline for improvement while showing results from previous workouts.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
How are many of you performing your situps? I do 150 crunches every other day, but it feels like a waste of time becuase it doesnt burn like it use to. I only do crunches becuase I dont have anyone to hold my feet down. Am I wasting my time with crunches?

150 crunches isn't going to do sh!t.

If you're PRT training, you need to be doing multiple sets to failure. "doesn't burn like it used to"? Do more.