• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sig's New 9mm Pocket Gun

CAMike

None
Contributor
UF-ME- this SIG product is good attempt to compete with the Kahr line. Just spend the extra bucks and purchase the Kahr PM9 or PM40 and you'll have a more concealable weapon. Thinner- is what makes concealed more comfortable. That Sig is thicker than the PM9, and yet carries a similar amount of ammunition. If money is your only factor then go with that Sig or a small alternative. I have the PM9 with black slide and night sights. A G36 is also my friend. "What Not to Wear" should do a story on my carry fashion as my wife repeatedly states that I'm a lost cause when it comes to fashion. I'd love it if they did a show on CCW fashion.

Give me a Desantis Nemisis and a Tuck This II and I feel comfy wherever I go and with what ever I happen to wear. Then again I wear Ren Spooners all year long, which makes most young people give me very angry looks. Oh well.

Thin is IN! At least with SD weapons. Below is the KahrPM9 Nemesis in pocket carry config.

nemesiskahrpm9.jpg

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I'm a fan of Kahrs as well, but I find the PM series a bit too small for my hands. I do, however, default to my P9 for caring in shorts, or when I need to wear a shirt without that much billow in it. I typically use a Don Hume rear pocket rig, and keep a spare mag in the interior sub-pocket most of my shorts and pants seem to have.

An interesting side effect of carrying this way way that I had to seriously reconsider where I put all my crap that I carry. Specifically, I had to move my wallet to the other side, which has made things a bit more efficient, and always keeps my strong hand free to draw if need be. Maybe it's just common sense, butu I'm kind of slow...

I also have a CW9, which is cheaper, and a bit less nice than the P-series. The trigger is the same, but there are a couple significant differences. The front sight on the CW is polymer and pinned in place, the slide stop is cast, vice machined, and the barrel is rifled in standard fashion, instead of polygonal. Not a bad little gun overall, but the difference is noticeable to me.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
For me, pocket pistols are just too small. My XD9 sc would be to fat for CC as well, as well as my PX4sc Storm. That's why I use my Kimber UC II .45 ACP as it's lean, small, fits like a glove.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I just tuck two of these under my trench coat when I go out.

AR15bPistol-leftside.jpg

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I carry a USP Compact and it conceals well. Small of the back it's completely invisible with a t-shirt on and with a Crossbreed Supertuck at the 4 o'clock position it's a barely noticeable bulge.

navyavi469

pilot
Just because a gun is labled a "poetcket pistol" by a manufacturer, doesn't mean they are. The new Sig P290 has already been evaluated at SHOT 2010 to be way too thick, similar to a Glock26, for "real world" pocket carry. Maybe if you got some fatboy jeans and didn't mind the grip or tang sticking out the top it would be a different story.

The KHAR PM9 still remains the most concealable 9mm pocket gun in regular production.