• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sig Mosquito

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Took the Sig Mosquito to the range last week. Put 300 rounds through it with out a problem. Had a couple of misfires, that fired on the second try in DA mode. Most likely crappy 22lr ammo was the problem there.

At 90% the size of a Sig P226 it was blast to shoot. Two ten round magazines made short work of the ammo. Real nice grip and feel to it. Sight pictures was consistent with a stock P226.

I let my son use it some as well. He's been shooting this and a 22 LR SA pistol. Darn if he doesn't hit everything he aims at. Not bad at 8 years old. He'll be ready to hunt very soon. Not bad trigger finger control either.
CIMG0184.jpg

Here he is shooting the Marlin M60:

Ahhh to be 8 years old again...here he is with his own BB Gun.
CIMG0183.jpg

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Nice work teaching your boy how to shoot. GOtta love that smile in the last picture. Is that a Red Ryder?

Schnugg

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yep, a daisy Red Ryder Buck...the smaller of the two Daisy Red Ryders.

My plan is to have him so comfortable around real guns and rifles, that when a kid in school says, "Hey want to come see my dad's gun, I found it in the closet?"...my boy can say, "No thanks I shoot all the time with my Dad."

Here's the other one...

gtxc2001

See what the monkey eats, then eat the monkey
pilot
Contributor
Schnugg,

I'm interested in picking up a mosquito sometime in the near future. Apparently some of the earlier pistols ("1st generation") had a lot of feed and general quality control issues. It sounds like you have one of the "2nd generation" guns. Would you be willing to post/PM the serial number down to the hundreds place, so that when I go looking I'll have a better idea of what serial numbers to look for? I haven't seen a listing on the Web yet.

Schnugg

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The feed problems I heard about were due to not cleaning the weapon real well and "waxy"ammo. But I had no problems with this.
I'll PM you.
The 22 SA is a Rohm pistol. I got the M60 rifle and pistol both used for $40. The SA pistol is suprisingly accurate, easy to clean and all around fun to shoot.

Both kids really like it. I feel it's a safe weapon to train them on as it's always one shot at a time.