• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Side load scholarships for rising 3/C Midn

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
NROTC departments in general or just the one at VMI? I can only speak for the one at VMI...

VMI specifically. I am good friends with a grad and former NROTC instructor there in the '03-'06 timeframe and he is one of the finest folks I know so I'll be interested to know his take on it and if things were different than when he was there. From what you describe though it seems in line with a handful of other things he described about the school, where they did few things under the table.

Fortunately at the Citadel, at least when I went through back in the dark ages, the attitude of the unit was completely different and much more welcoming. So it sounds like it was unit specific, and probably CO-specific too, like it is in the rest of the Navy.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
VMI specifically. I am good friends with a grad and former NROTC instructor there in the '03-'06 timeframe and he is one of the finest folks I know so I'll be interested to know his take on it and if things were different than when he was there. From what you describe though it seems in line with a handful of other things he described about the school, where they did few things under the table.

Fortunately at the Citadel, at least when I went through back in the dark ages, the attitude of the unit was completely different and much more welcoming. So it sounds like it was unit specific, and probably CO-specific too, like it is in the rest of the Navy.

I think I know who you're talking about. If it's the same person I'm thinking of, he was one of the few squared-away folks there. He left shortly after I got there.