• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Shuttle launch tickets

jmcquate

Contributor
Thread bump.

Discovery is scheduled to fly out of the Kennedy Space Center on Tuesday- piggybacking on the 747. The website says there are special tours this weekend too. Ticket prices for either event are rather dear ($65-85), but... seeing as the space shuttle is already fading into history to join the Apollos and other programs, this looks like a cool event for any space nuts out there who live near the Space Coast.

Don't know either way about any possible TFRs for the more enterprising gate crashers out there :)

Linky: http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/discovery-fly-out.aspx

Aerial---Web-Banner.gif
http://airandspace.si.edu/collections/discovery/Flying all over DC for free (except fo the $15 parking at Udvar-Hazy)

jmcquate

Contributor
That would be worth seeing. I worked at JSC when Endevour was transported to KSC from CA after it was built. They landed overnight at Ellington field, seeing the shuttle on back of the 747 up close was pretty dang amazing, har to believe that pair of vehicles could get off the ground.
When I was at JSC they did a fly-by for the employees. They must have been at the limits to put it down at Ellington. The T-38s used up most of the runway.

yak52driver

Contributor
When I was at JSC they did a fly-by for the employees. They must have been at the limits to put it down at Ellington. The T-38s used up most of the runway.

I'm sure it did, I'll never forget how huge the combination was sitting on the ramp. They circled JSC a few times and then headed to Ellington to land, a few of us from my building watched it circle and then headed to the airport.