• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

tazewell14

Trying to decide if I should take the ASTB a second time. I scored a 6/7/7 on my first attempt. I am trying to get selected for pilot. Should I retake the test or should I keep the score that I got on my first attempt? Would a 6/7/7 be a competitive score to get selected? Finally, if I should take it again, what are some good study resources? Thanks in advance for your responses!

PEFO Silver-Shades

Trying to decide if I should take the ASTB a second time. I scored a 6/7/7 on my first attempt. I am trying to get selected for pilot. Should I retake the test or should I keep the score that I got on my first attempt? Would a 6/7/7 be a competitive score to get selected? Finally, if I should take it again, what are some good study resources? Thanks in advance for your responses!
As @exNavyOffRec told me, theyre not "Amazing" scores but theyre not the minimum either. people have been picked up with those scores. Id suggest apply with your current scores to the next board if possible but keep studying the OAR in the off chance you are not selected. no one here can give you an exact probability of the chances of you being selected

tazewell14

As @exNavyOffRec told me, theyre not "Amazing" scores but theyre not the minimum either. people have been picked up with those scores. Id suggest apply with your current scores to the next board if possible but keep studying the OAR in the off chance you are not selected. no one here can give you an exact probability of the chances of you being selected
Thanks for your response! I am a junior in ROTC, and I get my service assignment in September. As far as I am aware, I only get one board for selection. So that is really why I am trying to figure out if I should retest, and I acknowledge that nobody will have a definitive answer for me, but I guess I am trying to see what people think of the scores I have. Thanks again for your response!

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for your response! I am a junior in ROTC, and I get my service assignment in September. As far as I am aware, I only get one board for selection. So that is really why I am trying to figure out if I should retest, and I acknowledge that nobody will have a definitive answer for me, but I guess I am trying to see what people think of the scores I have. Thanks again for your response!

you are in a different pool, NROTC is allocated about 1/3 of the SNA spots so you are really just competing against the other NROTC mids going for SNA