• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Should I Retake the ASTB?

I am applying for a pilot slot with the Navy. I was initially told that my scores were competitive, but they are now suggesting that I take it again. Although I personally feel that I am completely capable of achieving a higher score, I also feel that these scores are above average and competitive. My main concern is that I could very well recieve a lower score on my second attempt.

I am currently in flight school and working full-time. I utilized the study guide posted on this forum as my sole source of test preparation, and I would like to thank the airwarriors community for providing an appropriate gauge illustrating what to expect.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you.

OAR = 54
AQR = 6
PFAR = 7
FOFAR = 6

College Graduate = 3.5 GPA
Private Pilot

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am applying for a pilot slot with the Navy. I was initially told that my scores were competitive, but they are now suggesting that I take it again. Although I personally feel that I am completely capable of achieving a higher score, I also feel that these scores are above average and competitive. My main concern is that I could very well recieve a lower score on my second attempt.

Unlikely.

I am currently in flight school and working full-time. I utilized the study guide posted on this forum as my sole source of test preparation, and I would like to thank the airwarriors community for providing an appropriate gauge gouge illustrating what to expect.

From AW: You are welcome. Please take some time to pay-it-forward for those who are preparing to take the test. Pass on what you did and what you saw on the test.

Thank you.

As mayerkord stated, apply with what you have.

I am currently in flight school and working full-time. I utilized the study guide posted on this forum as my sole source of test preparation, and I would like to thank the airwarriors community for providing an appropriate gauge illustrating what to expect.

Thank you.

OAR = 54
AQR = 6
PFAR = 7
FOFAR = 6

College Graduate = 3.5 GPA
Private Pilot
I'm in a similar boat. I scored a 55 6/7/6 first try and I decided to go ahead and use those for the February board. It was honestly a toss up whether or not I was going to retake it but my recruiter recommended I submit with these scores. Good luck!