• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Should I change major for SNA? + a few more questions

FastMiler

Hello everyone, I've been searching the forum for a while now to see if anyone posted a thread with similar circumstances.

I am a rising 2/C MIDN(junior) pursuing a BS in a tier 2 major and currently have a 3.1 GPA. I have the option to switch to a tier 3 major, which would mean that I would be able to do much better academically for my 5th and 6th semester but my GPA now be "weighted down".

My first question is, for an SNA hopeful, would it be better to have a 3.3 in tier 3 BA major or a 3.1 in a BS tier 2 major?

Secondly, am I hopeless for SNA with a GPA that low?(3.3 tier 3 or 3.1 tier 2)?

Lastly, if I take summer classes the summer going into my 1/C year to boost my gpa, would they count?

Thanks for any input

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hello everyone, I've been searching the forum for a while now to see if anyone posted a thread with similar circumstances.

I am a rising 2/C MIDN(junior) pursuing a BS in a tier 2 major and currently have a 3.1 GPA. I have the option to switch to a tier 3 major, which would mean that I would be able to do much better academically for my 5th and 6th semester but my GPA now be "weighted down".

My first question is, for an SNA hopeful, would it be better to have a 3.3 in tier 3 BA major or a 3.1 in a BS tier 2 major?

Lastly, if I take summer classes the summer going into my 1/C year to boost my gpa, would they count?

Thanks for any input
Read this post, then tell me how a 3.1 gpa v. a 3.2 gpa makes a difference in aviation selection.

AFidk

dumb ensign/SNA
As far as anecdotes I got SNA with a 3.3 in a tier III, but my ASTB was 8’s. I have heard talk that there is going to be a heavier sub draft this year but that’s just talk. I would recommend that you stay with your major and just put more time into it, the equation for academic success is effort^2 * time. Have you taken your ASTB yet? Since you’re in the median GPA range a killer ASTB will make you stand out more than a major switch.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA

Thanks for any input

Take summer online Spanish it’s 4 credits, it weighs your GPA more. I raised my GPA from a 3.1 to a 3.4 by taking Spanish 101 and 102 online got A’s in both over the summer and that’s when I got PRK and I couldn’t even read my computer during the final lol