• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Shooting range in Meridian?

USMC454

Primary... Whiting
Since Meridian is lacking in all of the traditional aspects of a "good" or "modern" or "normal" city, I figured it would at least be easy to find something like a shooting range but I was wrong. I cant find one anywhere... does anyone know of a place to shoot (a pistol range preferably)? I heard of a place called camp Binachi but I couldnt get anyone to answer the phone.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I believe the nearest public range is in Forest. The standard answer I always seemed to hear was "well can't you just shoot in your backyard?" Umm . . . yeah . . . I'll go chucking 9mm rounds downrange on an acre when I have neighbors on all sides! There's a bright idea!:rolleyes:

There's a spot up near Lauderdale that seems to be the unofficial shooting hole, but it's more of a quasi-legal horseshoe-shaped berm where no one nearby seems to care. Good for plinking cans with pistols and not much else.

You can hunt on base, however. Buddy of mine bagged a couple deer that way.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There is a great shooting range halfway to Jackson, the Bienville Shooting Club. Look it up, it's private, but give them a call. Awesome range, great facility.

andi

The Hobby Shop on base at NAS Meridian claims to have a range through the Sportsman's Lodge. I don't know much about shooting so don't know if it would serve your purpose, but just a thought. In driving near the stables, I saw what appeared to be a shooting range of some sort. It's my understanding you can reach them through the Auto/Hobby Shop or Outpost on base.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Hobby Shop on base at NAS Meridian claims to have a range through the Sportsman's Lodge. I don't know much about shooting so don't know if it would serve your purpose, but just a thought. In driving near the stables, I saw what appeared to be a shooting range of some sort. It's my understanding you can reach them through the Auto/Hobby Shop or Outpost on base.
That is a skeet range. Shotguns/muzzleloaders only. Unless things have changed in the past 6 months, there is no publicly available rifle or pistol facility on board NASM.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That is a skeet range. Shotguns/muzzleloaders only. Unless things have changed in the past 6 months, there is no publicly available rifle or pistol facility on board NASM.

What he said.

That skeet range on base is a gouge deal. Check it out sometime, it's dirt cheap and a lot of fun.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Especially when you can mooch off a buddy's shotgun and just pay for ammo.:D