• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Shoes at OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre170

None
I've read that it is good to bring a pair of shoes and the ones you get issued shoudl be kept for inspection purposes...

About the shoes to bring, would you salty dogs, who have already been through OCS, recommend running shoes for all the running or a good pair of cross trainers for all the jumping jacks and other "Incentive Training" that will be done?

H

Honour_Class

I wore the issued one for most of the time I was there. Some New Balance item and used my Nike Shox for inspection. As soon as I became a CandiO I tossed the NB and just wore the shox.

Go for runners. Most of the time that you'll be one your feet doing PT, it will be running.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
So, just to clarify, I can wear my own running shoes for PT that I have brought with me as long as they are plain?

Thanks,
EngineGirl

Warl0rd

PILOT
dont wear the shoes they issue you... the ones i got felt like i was literally wearing combat boots. i would suggest the new balance 1221s if you're a runner over 155 lbs.

Borncreole

What I did and would reccommmend is geting a pair of shoes you can wear throughout OCS before you get there and wear them for a few weeks to break them in and make sure they are right for you. Then buy a second pair of cheap-o's and leave them in your POV until the end of 3rd week. use the cheap ones just for inspection. you will get issued another pair as well. you will use the two different pair while in OCS for running and marching ext..the reason for the two pair is because when you get on pair wet (SUYA day) then you will be able to have a dry pair for later in the day. I would say I used 2 different pair of running shoes in one day at leat 10 times during ocs. So that would be a total of 3 pair of running shoes at ocs...

nkjgolf

they were tired of the bates shoes getting torn up so early... also people were getting injured too much in the bates shoes. After 4th week RLP you change from the PT shoes.

Oh and about using your own PT shoes.... Just make sure your DI lets you do that. Ours MADE us wear the ones issued to us... he checked...but then again I dont think he is there anymore.

Tired of bates getting torn up so quickly? I still wear mine almost a yr out of OCS. All those bends and thrusts in the sand pits and the nightly polishings gave those things a hell of a shine, I will use that pair of shoes as long as I can.

Besides, most ppl switch to corframs as candios anyways.

I always thought it looked dumb when a class would wear pt shoes with their wash khakis the morning of an RLP, I can't imagine why they let a class look like that for 4 wks.

Shadow9660

Polishings? are you referring to the boots, because I thought they were the new issue jungle boots now, which would be suede (no need to polish)...am I mis informed?

H

Honour_Class

Navy OCS was done in hard-sole Bates leather oxfords, not boots.

airpirate25

Grape Ape...Grape Ape
I showed up on day one with the clothes on my back, was issues a set of "go-fasters", a set of combat boots, and a set of Bates low quarters. I only bought a pair of "gouge" PT shoes after graduation so I didn't look like a rookie ( hmm, wonder why it didn't work?). The boots and low-quarters were still backing up my seabag six years later. I used to run six miles a day in API, then fice times a week in Primary...you just can't stop those New Balances!

For all the threads about shoes that I have seen on this site, this is turning into one of the longest ones. At least now we have a detailed history of the shoes officer candidates have worn in the past 6 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.