• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Shipping to OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
:confused:

We had a candidate in our platoon that got 7 pullups was second to last in the run ahead of a injured candidate and im not sure about situps, but came out to around a 209 final pft. He graduated without going to the boards. At this point with a combination of other things throughout OCS I started losing confidence in the whole screening process. Thankfully there is still TBS.

The guy's age might have been a factor. He might have had a 1st class PFT if he was over 27 (someone back me up if this isn't the correct age). If he was younger than that I am shocked that they let someone graduate with a sub-1st class PFT score unless he had a broken leg or something along those lines and was just tough as nails and wanted to gut it out (and the staff let him).

Keep your faith in the screening process, it does a good job. There will always be those "special" few, and typically their PFT scores will be the least of your worries when you have to work with them.

Conaway

Im an Active Duty SSgt and reporting to 199. Im excited, nervous, anxious, and hopefully ready! My PFT for my package was a 275 20/100/22:10. I run my pre-ship PFT on the 27th so we will see where that goes. My goal MOS is 6002 as I have been in Marine aviation for 10 years but I wont deny any commission.

I just signed my paper work today for 199. Barring my tattoo waiver being rejected it looks like I'll be there in October. My PFT was only a 261 with 19/100/ 23:40. Obviously I'll be working on my run a lot this next month.

I would definitely get those run times down as much as possible before showing up. Just note the average run time is a 20-21ish. However, you will inevitably get faster, through daily PT. All the suggestions on the OCS website are gold and I always push CrossFit as the reason I improved so drastically on the physical aspect prior to picking up.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
This must be a combined thing because in seniors this summer they dropped plenty of people who werent cutting it.

borinf2d

T-Bone
I'll be there 271. 20/100/22:50. I was feelin a drag in running and training, but was at the airshow this past weekend and motivated as could be. ready to go now. cya there.

Kodiak

Good luck to all at OCS. I just finished 198, so if you have any specific questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

AJB37

Just did my pre-ship pft: 269 20/87/20:59 - I wanted at least a 275 before I shipped so I'll have to work on getting my crunches maxed again.

T

Txwelder

"Average" run times may be lower than what I have. I run my PFT on hills and my 3 mile course is all hills for daily PT. Not tooting my horn, I just believe that I will be faster on a flat course than a hilly course with energy to spare for having not going up the hills. With all that said, Im probably six years older than the "average" age candidate, I dont have to be first, but I will surely never be last!

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Just remember to keep your PT up as well as your PFT score. The 3 PFTs I took at OCS werent that hot but I could always keep up with the PT sessions unless they were really run-heavy. I saw guys who were the exact opposite. Got great PFT scores but fell out of every PT event and got dropped. Apparently OCS isnt as hard physically as it used to be, but I still would focus more on overall PT endurance than PFT scores (unless of course you're not meeting the minimum)

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
sometimes u have breakfast before pt :) .... just dont eat a big one :eek: or else your squad will have to run back and get you :icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage and on danang:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage

Crowbar

None
sometimes u have breakfast before pt :) .... just dont eat a big one :eek: or else your squad will have to run back and get you :icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage and on danang:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage

WTF is this crap?

Pheonix15

Occ 199

Congrats to all who got selected. Not sure what job I would like to have, I have been doing the Marine Aviation thing for 11 plus years so I may try to stick with something in this field (too old to fly), Maintenance Officer or ATC. Well I guess I will be see you all on the 3rd Oct. for some fun in the cold :D

T

Txwelder

OORAH Phoenix, I'll see you there on the 3rd as well. Im actually staying in a hotel the night of the 2nd, enjoy a last good meal, and check in on the morning of the 3rd after a good nights sleep. Yeah right, I probably wont be able to sleep at all. I too intend to stay in aviation, but not as anything but a 6002. I considered kicking boxes (6602) but decided Id rather do something else before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.