• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ship selection question

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
My roommates and I were commenting on that exact person last night too. Seriously, why wouldn't he (I'm assuming it's a dude) get his name changed at age 18? That would have been my first order of business.
If I had a unique name like steamboat, no chance in hell I'm changing it. For a celebrity example, look up the name of Frank Zappa's kids. None of them changed their names, except one who changed it to what the hospital originally forbid Frank to name him upon birth.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
What if this guy had been given a more normal name at birth and changed it to this? Lost a bet or something? I just have a hard time picturing a mother looking at her newborn baby and going "...Steamboat...we will name him Steamboat!"

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just have a hard time picturing a mother looking at her newborn baby and going "...Steamboat...we will name him Steamboat!"
LFCFan, I resent that!:(
BzB, firstborn Son of "Gofastboat" J. McBusybee!:cool:

USCGSSO

I'm going to be doing OCS ship selection early April. I'm wondering when the Academy and ROTC do theirs...i.e. will it be slim pickings for me?