• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sgt Instructors

cwyx

Any chance that those of us who went to juniors last summer or the year before will be seeing our old sgt instructors or have them in our platoons? How do they rotate them? Anyone Know?

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
I doubt there's much method to the madness when it comes to this. Why? Got a special someone you're secretly wanting to see again?

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
You might see some of your old Sergeant Instructors/Platoon Sergeants but they won't be in your platoon. They will ask you when you pick up if anyone in your platoon has had any of the platoon staff members before at either Boot/OCS. If you have, they will move you to another platoon.

m3urthy

Why don't you have a seat right over there.
You might see some of your old Sergeant Instructors/Platoon Sergeants but they won't be in your platoon. They will ask you when you pick up if anyone in your platoon has had any of the platoon staff members before at either Boot/OCS. If you have, they will move you to another platoon.

Thats a really good thing.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot

hmm...I have never been asked that either summer that I went and I know people who have had the same DIs in boot and OCS..probably one of those case by case basis.

Anyway, unless they are augments, I believe most of the DIs do 3 year tours at OCS. So there is a good chance that unless they were finishing up their tour that they will be around somewhere. It seems like they move them around a lot between 6-week and 10-week and when they arent with a platoon then they are doing instructor duty on the various evolutions (ie SULE, etc..). So, like FLYMARINES said, you will probably see them but doubtful that you will have them.

sanders

The exception is for females. There are not too many female SI's to go around, so Echo 1 (The female seniors platoon) had 1 or 2 of the same SI's as they did back at juniors.

AJB37

At 199 I had a candidate in my platoon who had been in the Platoon Sergeant's platoon before. The candidate was hurt in week 3 so that may have something to do with why he wasn't moved. I imagine that they'll move me when I report back to 201 if I have any of the same staff, seeing as I was hurt in week 8.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
When did you go to OCS? This might have been a Col. Rachal/Chase thing. I would assume it would be a constant and it makes sense to me, but then again who knows...:confused:

06/08 (Chase/Mancini). One guy im thinking of had the same Sgt. Instructor for both jrs and srs under Rachal and Chase. Maybe it was something that they gave up on because of what a nightmare Im assuming the logistics were. Who knows though. I think the question has been answered though. Good chance you will see them...highly unlikely they will be in your platoon.:eek: