• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Service Agreement Question

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
So uh, I'm sick of the Navy. I want out. How do I do this?

Just kidding :icon_glas

I was reading my paperwork and I noticed this gem.
3. I understand that unless I am selected as a Naval Flight Officer (NFO) trainee, I will not be entitled to ship household goods and/or dependents to OCS at government expense.
I don't get it. SNAs, Intel, Supply, SWO, etc. can't but NFOs can? My orders have me with the SNA designator so I don't think it's a typo.

edit: I had a thought. Could it be a relic of when OCS was in Pcola and NFOs train there so they would be willing to move you to Pcola if you were an NFO?

So uh, I'm sick of the Navy. I want out. How do I do this?

Just kidding :icon_glas

I was reading my paperwork and I noticed this gem.

I don't get it. SNAs, Intel, Supply, SWO, etc. can't but NFOs can? My orders have me with the SNA designator so I don't think it's a typo.

What yours orders say goes...but that is weird.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Why would you want to ship anything to OCS? You're not going to be able to use anything or see anyone during your time (relatively).

Stretch32

It should just be an out dated note. When I signed paper work to go to OCS it said something like that as well even though I went to Newport. Like you said, NFO's are trained there so they were probably allowed to bring dependents down when they went to OCS. Afterward they literally went across the street to start API.

Stretch

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Right, NFO's PCS down to Pensacola immediately while everyone else leaves or stays on something else than PCS. Good catch.