• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SERE school (Survival, Escape, Resistance, Evasion)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Best gouge I can give someone about SERE. When you get back, don't eat greasy food. I think I might have accidently just shit my brains out.

Dude, it's COMPLETELY dependent on the person and sometimes random. I love spicy food, but often it doesn't like me. Well, when I got back... I went to Sombrero and got 4 rolled tacos and a california burrito. Pinched a loaf just fine afterward.... some people get a just a double double, or even a homecooked meal and shit like a faucet.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Best gouge I can give someone about SERE. When you get back, don't eat greasy food. I think I might have accidently just shit my brains out.

Gonna have to disagree with this one...eat what makes you happy! Consequences schmonsequences...I enjoyed my time paying for my post-SERE indulgence just as much as I did eating said indulgence. That's why they invented laptops with DVD players in them, after all...

But congrats on finishing anyhow!

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
Gonna have to disagree with this one...eat what makes you happy! Consequences schmonsequences...I enjoyed my time paying for my post-SERE indulgence just as much as I did eating said indulgence. That's why they invented laptops with DVD players in them, after all...

But congrats on finishing anyhow!

Very interesting...I, for one, usually don't enjoy painting the inside of the bowl brown. But to each his own I guess. :)

And thanks for the congrats.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Very interesting...I, for one, usually don't enjoy painting the inside of the bowl brown. But to each his own I guess. :)

And thanks for the congrats.

If you aren't enjoying it, you aren't doing it right. :)

Now if you'll 'scuse me, there's some more Crown Royal Black in some Pepsi waiting in the other room. Desert out.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I think my biggest take aways were 1) confidence in knowing how I respond to the types situations they presented to us and that level of stress, and 2) how important it is to never ever get taken captive, regardless of how bleak your survival/evasion situation may appear. Like has been said, don't listen to the gouge. It will be wrong, and you will both ruin your training as well as likely make a stressful situation even more stressful when you see that what you thought would happen doesn't. My .02

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
I think my biggest take aways were 1) confidence in knowing how I respond to the types situations they presented to us and that level of stress, and 2) how important it is to never ever get taken captive, regardless of how bleak your survival/evasion situation may appear. Like has been said, don't listen to the gouge. It will be wrong, and you will both ruin your training as well as likely make a stressful situation even more stressful when you see that what you thought would happen doesn't. My .02

I found the chart below to be extremely interesting . It's from an article in "Special Warfare" magazine (published by US Army JFKSWCS), where the authors drew blood from participants in some very stressful evolutions to measure the amount of cortisol in their systems - which directly correlates to the amount of stress you're under. SERE school students won hands down, which in retrospect is no surprise whatsoever....

Attachments

• sere_adrenalinechart.jpg
    sere_adrenalinechart.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 209

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Not even a little bit surprised. Gotta echo Jac's sentiments. I remember thinking "fuck, I'm hungry. Getting captured would be a blessing right now." Bout 7 hours later I was cursing myself for muttering that phrase.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Not even a little bit surprised. Gotta echo Jac's sentiments. I remember thinking "fuck, I'm hungry. Getting captured would be a blessing right now." Bout 7 hours later I was cursing myself for muttering that phrase.

Took the words right out of my mouth. You'd say "I'd never do that" but things change when you haven't eaten or slept in several days

@ spy, good chart, they thought so too :)

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I found the chart below to be extremely interesting

There was a stress doc who used my class (and other classes) for his research that included a chart a lot like this one. They gave us a brief before and after, partly as a courtesy to our class. At one point he and his assistant showed up to get some data from me (measure stress hormones however they did it), and I remember thinking, "Oh great, they told him they are going to kick my ass next."