• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SERE question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Do AF Academy people go to SERE? Someone told me her boyfriend went to SERE when he was at the academy, and he dropped out at the end of his second year. I'm calling BS, but I want to have my ducks in a row first.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't know, but I think they go through a half-SERE. I don't think they do any of the POW training.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Damnit...where's the AFA web forum? I want to get this resolved.

So by not doing the POW part they just survival and evasion, right?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think so. We had some AF weenies in my class (The Navs were cool actually, the Pilots were friggin as$holes).

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, I think they do some kind of training. My brother is at the AFA right now. He hasn't done the survival training yet but I believe I remember him telling me that the do it during one of the summers when classes are out.

Pags

N/A
pilot
yeah, they do CST which counts as the survival portion of their SERE equivalent. At some point in their flight training they go and complete the resistance portion.

El Cid

You're daisy if you do.
My cousin went to the AFA during the early 90's. He had to do all the SERE stuff including a POW-type experience. He's flying F-15's in England as Maj. He said it was pretty rough and he's fairly hardcore for an AF guy.

They do the field stuff at the AFA and the resistance training at Fairchild AFB. I used to be in the AF and went through SERE school. I had a bunch of AFA guys in my class when I went through. They were not with us while in the field but joined us in the POW camp.

El Cid

You're daisy if you do.
Piperdriver said:
They do the field stuff at the AFA and the resistance training at Fairchild AFB. I used to be in the AF and went through SERE school. I had a bunch of AFA guys in my class when I went through. They were not with us while in the field but joined us in the POW camp.

Sounds cozy... did you use the good china or was there a BBQ.

Seriously though... what is it like?

kevin

i don't think people who've been through are allowed to say much about it. i do think that as many people as there are who are pilots/nfo's/navs/spec ops and had to go through it, that it's certainly within your capacity.

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
AFA grads are pretty much bussed in when a regular class goes to the POW camp portion of SERE. An AF buddy of mine said it was almost funny when he saw other classmates of his/ours from Vance suddenly show up just as he arrived at the POW camp, he had been in the field for a few days at that point.

Sorry, can't tell you about the POW camp..don't want to spoil the fun before you get there....just remember no matter how bad you think it is, it is not even close to what the POW's in Vietnam or anyother war went through...keep that in mind and it will be cake

Status
Not open for further replies.