• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SERE Graded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
While enlightening my folks the other day to the joys of sere after I get out of the pipeline, (once they got over the "you've gotta do what!?!?" phase) they asked me about it being graded. I was under the impression that it's just a pass/fail course but I've never heard that for certain. Thoughts?

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
They will take extensive notes on your performance and debrief you as the final act of sere school. No real grade is given.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
yeah, it's thumbs up or thumbs down, and if you score thumbs down, see you again next summer.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Rarely is it a surprise that you're going to fail. They give you the rules ahead of time, and if you're ignoring other rules that may not have been made as clear, they'll come out of character and set you straight as a one-time warning. Honestly, as long as you listen to what they taught you, you can make it through the program.

That's not to say it won't suck, but it's not that difficult to pass.

Ace_Austin

pilot
I've heard scuttlebutt they are moving the SERE school from NASB, is there any truth to this? It would be nice to be able to go home before/after it to visit.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've heard scuttlebutt they are moving the SERE school from NASB, is there any truth to this? It would be nice to be able to go home before/after it to visit.

Since there's already one on the West coast (NASNI), they'll likely consolidate when NASB gets closed.

Brett

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
NAS Brunswick is indeed being BRAC'd, but they don't want to lose the East Coast SERE school capability / capacity. So the baseline plan is to move the SERE school facilities to Portsmouth (NH), and keep the existing facilities at the actual field location unchanged. Below is the extract from the FY08 budget:

Requirement: Provide facilities at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in Kittery to house the Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape (SERE) school facilities being relocated from NAS Brunswick, ME.

Project: This project constructs a new training facility, complete with student berthing, galley facilities and an addition to the existing Bachelor Quarters, building 315.

BRACON Program: $11.8M

Ace_Austin

pilot
So they are keeping the place in the woods where they ship you to play "Behind Enemy Lines" but moving the actual classes to PNS. Rgr that.

Status
Not open for further replies.