• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sequestration Impact on the Navy

Lawman

None
Your friendly neighborhood Prowler reps have never forgotten this.
Which is great since its your mission. But believe me within my community specifically and Army Aviation in general our Cross FLOT mindset is something only remembered by "The Old guys" and they were new guys when they were doing it who havent dusted off that mission set in 10 years. You cant just read the old books and get good at Night NOE flying or Contingency planning in a few days/weeks of workups. Its a skill most of the 1000+ hour pilots I fly with simply dont have because we've spent the last decade with the mindset that flying around in orbits at several thousand feet AGL going direct from point to point is how you fight our aircraft.

We have ground Commanders who have become overly reliant on ISR and all the data it gives them to make decisions. People that have "grown up" so to speak spending half their career just seeing the data we could pump into a TOC get bigger and prettier and more High Def. What its done that we are now seeing where I work is made that guy less and less willing to make decisions or trust without verification from half a dozen sources. So we've spent shovel loads of money on more and more RPAs and PGSS balloons and ROVER feeds... Meanwhile our primary scout in a shooting war the 58 is still using a sight from the late 80s that gives it just enough visual standoff to live right in the effective range of every MANPAD and HMG out there.

This is the kind of stuff I worry about when I hear my peers talking about going into a place like Syria or Iran. Another "Charge of the Light Brigade" like the one we had in Iraq that left 3 Longbow Battalions so battled damaged they were rendered Ineffective.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
In five years when we're all riding the economic boom which will follow what we're in now, we'll all look back and wonder what all the fuss was about.
I agree. Most people only care about government budget deficits when they are out of work or underemployed. When times are good we can spend whatever we want.

@helo,

I understood his point the first time. I still disagree with him on the degree of ramifications for reducing the budget in the areas he specifies and our ability to recouperate from them.